test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a Traitor on Rh'ihho Station?!?!?

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
You ever wonder about that?

Genuinely, it's not a bad mission but the thing that really never sat well with me was this:

We start off up stairs
We go down stairs
We go up stairs
We go down stairs
We go up stairs
We go down stairs...

But... WHY?

The "Chief Engineer" isn't telling us anything that couldn't be done over comms. There's no benefit for the away team to go back to what ever room they've secluded themselves in. So why do they keep sending a five person team UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN a ladder?

It makes no sense!

Unless...

THEY ARE THE TRAITOR!!!!

Dunt dunt DUNNNNNN!

*takes deeeeep Ace Ventura style breath*
They're the one who locked down the station!
They're the one who kept us from just beaming into the main area!
They're the one delaying the team to allow the Elachi to set up the next phase of attack!
They're the one not utilizing ANY of the station's defensive systems!
And THEY'RE the one who we never see again after defending the station!

TRAITOR!!!

In all fairness, though, again, it's not a BAD mission, and it's nice to see it pop up in the random queue every now and again. But WHY do we have to keep popping up stairs to a locked room? As a whole, it doesn't make sense but it also doesn't have a function mission wise. Maybe if we had more levels than just the one to defend, or maybe if there were more objectives to be accomplished, but over all, there is NO point to the constant swaps.

As such, I would love to see how many people agree with this. I would like to see who all would like that removed or improved in some way. I know they're not likely to revamp the mission, like they did the Terran attack on DS9 but it kinda needs it. I think they should either streamline the mission or completely revamp and update it. It could easily be made into a mission that allows for non-specific enemies. Elachi attacking are one thing, but they never say WHY they're attacking the station. Which means the dev team could make it more of an open mission.

Think of it like this:

Rh'ihho Station is the main research facility of the New Romulan Empire. D'Tan has made it the primary hub for Alliance based research and intel projects. What does that do? It makes it a target to any and all threats to the main factions of the game! Terrans might want potential Phaser enhancing research. The Tholians might need to break in for defensive technologies. Tzenkethi could just be trying to blow the station to pieces, to hinder the Alliance in aiding the H'urq or Dominion? The Elachi might just be trying to kidnap the Romulans aboard the station! Who knows, but it would be a great way to add replayability to an older mission.

Going through the rounds, they could add different and new objectives for each specializations which add defensive and offensive buffs to the team as the attack increases. Tactical could access plasma turrets, Science could make enemy objectives take longer to complete, Engineering might add shields between areas, to slow enemy progress, Intel could shorten team objective times, Pilot could slow enemy spawn rates while Command increases Alliance rates. There's a seriously LARGE amount of things that could be added to increase the fun and replay value of this mission without adding new maps. New maps would be appreciated, but at the end of the day, a small team has less time or leeway to do things like a full TFO revamp. At the end of it all, you could even find out that the Chief Engineer really WAS a traitor, all along!

Regardless, what do you guys think? Would you like to see this mission updated? Would you like to see it overhauled completely to be more universal? What would you guys like to see if they did anything to this mission? I'm curious to see what all the community would like out of their potential future mission updates.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I agree, you should visit the engineer once to pick up the flashlight, then the engineer should manage to get comms back online.

However, I wonder if it is a scripting issue? That is, they are changing the setup of the station map each time you leave and then return to it, and the engine / scripting system needs the map changes to make that work?

Other than that, I prefer to keep this a spooky in the dark Elachi invasion rather than having different factions taking turns attacking.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    It's possible that the engineer is aware of a traitor aboard the station, and fears that the traitor is monitoring the comms. Using them would give away both your current position and your current activity.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Weird that this posted more than once, but that was the issues thing mentioned in my other thread. Go figure. Maybe one of the Mods can merge the threads to get rid of one?
This discussion has been closed.