test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Kuvah'magh and The Ultimate Klingon

daurien#7258 daurien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
A few years ago, the Starfleet exclusive missions were cut by about two-thirds of their total number. These missions included meeting B'vat in person before destroying his secret research facility as well as actually defeating B'vat instead of just ending his plans to use the Doomsday device. In addition, there was a fun set of missions based around fighting genetic modification research in the Klingon Empire. Without these missions, the Starfleet only missions are incredibly short, leave Starfleet captains underlevel compared to their Klingon and Romulan counterparts, and also end without any sort of serious resolution. There are also later missions that reference events that happened within the missing missions that now make no sense for new players.

When the missions were cut, the announcement about the cut said that they were just being removed to be rewritten, polished, and then would be re-released. However, it's been a few years now, with multiple matches and expansions along the way, and a literal year of new content for Klingon captains, yet no news has come about these missing missions. Does anyone know what happened? I get that the pandemic sorta threw a wrench in a lot of plans, but it still feels like we should have heard something by now.

Regardless, it would be nice to see those missions again. I had a Delta recruit finish the Starfleet storyline without hitting level 10, recently, which got me thinking about it. The Klingon and Romulan Delta recruits that were made recently have hit higher levels significantly before they finish their faction specific stories, so it just feels like 25th Century Starfleet, which is the OG Starfleet, needs some love.
Tagged:

Comments

• orestes82#5764 orestes82 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I agree. Those missions were pulled 4-5 years ago and nothing. I understand the devs are focusing on new content. However, the story feels disjointed and unfinished. I've heard their responses on the live Ten Forwards, but damn. Everything feels like a rush to End Game now and there really isn't much End Game other than Endeavors. Personally, I don't care if the Mission Arcs are long. I care that they're enjoyable and complete.