test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that we have Gearbox heading up STO, Time to address a major issue.

2»

Comments

• malfandormalfandor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    A few issues I see need addressing. However for this post I am going to start with this one.

This Game needs to be better Balanced! Period!

Personally I am getting sick and tired of warping into an Event/TFO and finding it quickly completed because some OP Science decided to show off! Mind you I get this mostly always happens on normal, only very few times have I seen this on Advance. Still this is getting sprightly annoying.

When STO first started out even with a slight balance issue at the time, at least Science was a support that what it was intended for. Now it's Sci this Sci that, Sci ship. I am tired of it.

This is an issue that Gearbox has to look over. Cause in this game no other Class gets the kind of DPS on a boss the way a Sci does. Why not have an Engineer come with more abilities for DPS, This Class is suppose to be generating threat, doing so via Threat Generation ability isn't enough in many cases, this is one idea anyway. Nerfing the Sci abilities big league and returning it to "Support" as intended would be another. Or maybe the community has better idea's. All I know is this game needs to be better balanced out in big way. Other wise this game is not becoming very enjoyable to play.

Many sf's won't hear other opinions, and neither will I, don't expect me to respond to any query's here cause I don't have time for them. I am just bringing an issue I see to attention.

There are plenty of OP builds that are not science leaning that do everything you describe. Some builds are OP in this game. Science does not have the monopoly on this. It is just more popular atm. I would get more specific as to why but you did not get very specific on what those builds are doing. Thus I am unsure if I would be addressing your actual issue here.

I am sorry but just because there is a recent influx of science players with good builds, does not mean you should immediately him them all with nerfbats. Popularity does not mean it is more OP than anything else.

It may well mean that science is more fun to play. Perhaps what we really should be doing is adding more cool skills to Engineering and Tactical. When we start seeing more Tactical and Engineering we can say mission accomplished.
This discussion has been closed.