test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

revelations mission bug

christopher1960#5251 christopher1960 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited May 2022 in Tribble - Bug Reports
6nk99rlkq3ky.png
is there a bug in revelations mission iam at the fight in the middle after you get defence back up
and is there away around it ive taken screenshot of problem and defend tower is not finishing the voth dude stands there doing nothing i even tried teaming up too go thru it and that did not even work

Answers

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Yeh there is definitely something fishy going on in this mission.
    i gave christopher1960 a hand to try to progress through this earlier, once all satellites are up and shield goes up, we eliminated majority of the vaadwaar to the point the voth come down to help us out, after wiping out the remaining vaadwaar, all progression stops.
    there are no enemy left on the map and we were unable to have any dialogue with the voth leader or bellas or seven..
    I then came back in a while later to tribble and ran it again solely with my own crew and reached the same point and nothing is progressing..
    the green area on map is showing and i tried moving well beyond and back into it again, but nothing happens..
    383bmtpll1dn.jpg
    3g9x5cf30jw8.jpg

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    Ok so I believe I have found the problem with this mission on the Tribble server.

When doing this mission on Holodeck server, after getting the 4 defense nodes and then the defense grid shielding online, we are called back by Bellas to help repel the last of the ground forces.
    At this point 4 Vaadwaar transport pods come down and we have to eliminate so many before the Voth come down and help us clear the last of the enemy, we are then able to talk to the Voth leader and after that Tuvok beams down and mission continues allowing us to beam up and talk to Tuvok while he is on voyager ending the mission.

In the Tribble server only 2 transport pods come down, so once the enemy are eliminated it all comes to a halt, not allowing progression to talk to the voth leader...
    see pictures below for detail..

Holodeck server
    cg39qtx4p9pl.jpg

Tribble server
    369gz00pduo6.jpg

• christopher1960#5251 christopher1960 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    yeah i reckin there blocking it for some reasen updated screenshot added plus got 1 pods too come down
    one thing ive also noticed you can not skip and go too next mission which states a real fact
    Post edited by christopher1960#5251 on
  • shawdreamer#6626 shawdreamer Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    has anyone got a definitive solution to this issue yet?

its all well and good simply saying "skip it, skip it" but if your running a delta recruit then skipping just isn't an option as the mission and arc completion is a necessity to achieve two fundamental delta rewards.

Ive ran the mission 5 times so far, tried various things, no pets, leave a couple of random vaud's alive, different tower activation patterns etc etc, same result, one pod drop, voth drop, voth commander stands there like a TRIBBLE drying in the sun doing nothing while whingy Bell(ender)as says F'all
    Yeh there is definitely something fishy going on in this mission.
    I then came back in a while later to tribble and ran it again solely with my own crew and reached the same point and nothing is progressing..
    the green area on map is showing and i tried moving well beyond and back into it again, but nothing happens..
    383bmtpll1dn.jpg
    3g9x5cf30jw8.jpg

I managed to get three pods dropped this time (this'll be the 8th attempt at this mission completion btw) and what felt like the correct amount of vaud waves (at least compared to how many i remember pre stormfall live) before the voth landed but again........... stand there about as willing to converse as a typical snob londoner pr*ck on the tube train.

Im calling bullsh*t on this being a bug, its to predictable and repetitive, this missions been fiddled to make it un-completable, probably has something to do with the delta rewards and some kind of bigger glitch they haven't fixed that occurs if you complete the mission.
    attempt No.9 this morning after server being down for 4-5 hours yesterday for "extended maintenance"

yep..... no difference

same sh*t

different day.

various people on other threads were asking what the "extended maintenance" was and what it was addressing, they got pretty much stone walled when they got a response, "the down time is just for generalized maintenance, there will be no patch notes or specified fix reports as this will be maintenance and not a patch"

begs the question....why "extended"?

Ive found next to no indication that they've even acknowledged any issue with this mission or therefore have any intention of addressing it.

whats the betting they'll suddenly "realise" the problem as the delta run finishes and just offer a free buyout to those that got stuck on it rather than fixing the problem?. :/
    edited May 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    attempt No.11............

<sigh>

:|

no pods dropped.... I mean ATALL!

stood for 2 minutes listening to seven describe how the vaud are relentless and ruthless...... but strangely not mentioned "entirely absent"

voth drop

Bell(ender)as lying on the floor needing helping up (must have tripped on his laces because there was zero enemies)

voth commander still stoically silent, maybe he has a sore throat?, Ill equip some Halls soothers on attempt No.12 maybe, see if that helps?

and mod.....its only a trolling comment if there's no degree of truth to the statement, as for "flaming", I think Im pretty much entitled at this point.
    attempt 12 & 13.........

:s

I actually start this mission EXPECTING disappointment now, which is fortunate....as that's ultimately the result EVERY SINGLE TIME!.

thats three...maybe four? patches implemented since this bug showed up in a current running special event mission and STILL they haven't even acknowledged its existence let alone tried to fix it?

cant even call it a joke, as that'd require it to be funny
    edited May 2022
    additional..... wow..... now even the support function is screwed?

opened the help menu with intention of submitting a new bug report...... and nothing..... hit the "account support" button, now the menu is froze in place in the middle of the screen, cant close it, wont respond to any further inputs, npcs are wondering about but my character is completely unresponsive (he's gotten some of what that voth commander has got).

looks like Im gonna have to force close the entire game at this point, seriously cryptic? i cant be the only one suffering with this cack still, sort it the feck out fgs
  • mrdesith#5215 mrdesith Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just ran this mission, or tried to... a month later and this is still bugged.
    I'm tired of these MF'n Sith in my MF'n Jedi temple!
    "PC Patch Notes for 6/7/22

Known Issue:

There is a known issue that is causing a ship's current loadout to always be re-loaded on map move between ground and space. If you make unsaved changes to your space power tray, ship equipped items, or active roster duty officers those changes will be reverted back to the loadout state.
    We will be adjusting this behavior soon. In the meantime, make sure to save your loadout to keep any changes you wish to persist between map transfer.
    There is a known issue that can prevent completing the mission, “Revelations”, if the drop pods are destroyed before they land."

FINALLY!!!!!

of course that just means they've admitted to it....so going by past behaviour.....we've got another 2-3 month's to wait for them to half ar*ed attempt to fix it.
  • kursed#7599 kursed Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    on the holodeck server some of the NPcs one shot the pods before they land, I imagine it's a similar issue.
    Nobody here, but us blue kittens.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Um I watched 7 NPCs 1 shot 3 pods as groups of 3 - 4 LOL.
    Wish there was a way to get this done cause iI just finished all the missions on that person and once he is done hes done.
    Theres no going back cause of a broken mission. Oh and hes a recruit with 2 options on the temporal recruit device that will never be finished cause of this bug.
    edited June 2022
    PC Patch for 6/10/22........

nope...........still fecked!

this time two pods made it down and Bellendas wasnt even down and has no interaction, just stands there swaying left to right like a virgin at the side of a school disco dancefloor. :/

Cryptic.....Tragic*
    how I think the pre-mission briefing should go...
    fvdkk2tu377z.jpg
    edited June 2022
    d8enrbryvb7n.jpg

have you now?

first thing this morning...

68cae0nke4z5.jpg

define "resolved"??

on a sidenote, someone figured a workaround that actually worked (with absolutely no thanks to cryptic)

a rough guide-

progress through the mission as normal until you finish fixing the last tower (dont activate the grid yet).

order your boffs to remain were they are.

head over to somewhere close to the courtyard were bellendas is then activate the grid(you dont want to be right in the courtyard as that sometimes stops the message from bellend appearing)

once you get bellendas pathetic plea call answer then give it toes straight to him, dont stop to fight or anything else just get to bellend.

the intention here is to get through the following diatribe before bellends men kill all the vaud's, that will stop them targetting the drop pods as they already have something to shoot at.

presto, all four pods should touch down now and the mission should proceed as intended (oh and you can call you boffs back in now too)

hope that helps others out on the more than annoying and unnecessary bug :)