test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there a less tedious way to copy items

I'm told to duplicate items you can transfer your character(s) multiple times to tribble, up the limit you have on holodeck (I have 37 toons on holodeck)

So, if one of my toons has 1 master key, I could copy that toon 10 times to tribble, to get 10 keys, but if I wanted 100, I would have to copy it 37 times almost 4 times 37x4, deleting my characters on tribble and copying them again. I'm not sure if this is the way it works, just trying to find out

Is it possible for me to copy a character on tribble that's already on tribble. So for the above example, instead of having to copy my character 100 times, I could copy it 10 times, give all 10 keys to my first copy, then copy THAT character 10 times to get 100?

Don't quite understand since you duplicate items anyway, just it's slower why it wouldn't be easier, to have a click option for duplicate then specify the amount

I want to some tests such as seeing how many omega upgrades it takes me to upgrade an item from MK II, or MXII to MKXV epic, without risking actual upgrades on holodeck to give me an idea. As well as do some stf's missions to see how it would be on holodeck. I know tribble is for testing and fixing bugs, but I'm guessing some of those old stf's have been many times and most of the bugs worked out by now, so they're very similar to what holodeck would be.

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    cyther77 wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to copy a character on tribble that's already on tribble. I have 37 toons on holodeck
    As far as I know you should be able to make 37 copies of your one character. They just get numbered.

i.e. Cyther@cyther77, Cyther 1@cyther77, Cyther 2@cyther77, etc.
  • Options
    cyther77cyther77 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    protoneous wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to copy a character on tribble that's already on tribble. I have 37 toons on holodeck
    As far as I know you should be able to make 37 copies of your one character. They just get numbered.

i.e. Cyther@cyther77, Cyther 1@cyther77, Cyther 2@cyther77, etc.

That's not quite what I'm asking, if you understand me correctly. I mean can I make a copy of a character on tribble that is ALREADY on tribble, which will duplicate all possessions for the copy. I know I can transfer the same toon 37 times from holodeck, but that's not quite what I mean.

Also, you have to request your character get copied from holodeck, I've only done it with my main sofar. If I want to copy more of him or a different character, how long does it usually take to process.
  • Options
    I mean can I make a copy of a character on tribble that is ALREADY on tribble, which will duplicate all possessions for the copy.

As far as I know what you're asking isn't possible.
  • Options
    dralthcaandralthcaan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Unfortunately it is not possible to copy copied characters. The only suggestion I have would be to amass a few of the items you are wanting to copy (ex 10 lock box keys) on one character, so that you are not copying for just a single item each time. I tend to only copy when I have around 100 keys, or 20 infinity packs.
    Just be forewarned if it is keys, I would make as many copies as you can - odds on tribble seem to be a tad more extreme (unsure if the RNG is impacted by the number of people opening boxes on there, which can sometimes be in the single digits) it usually takes me 400-500 boxes to get a lock box ship.
  • Options
    I see there is an exchange with some things on it that cost nothing. I can understand why it is underused (actually not sure why there are any items on it at all, if sellers have no EC to gain) Guess I'll have copy copy copy toons until I have all the items I need. Would be useful if everything was free, then again I see why people wouldn't do that. Would be easier just if cryptic had all items on it for free, already.

There's no zen store for tribble or dil exchange I see, but I do see for fleet projects you do still get fleet credits, which it seems aren't free.
  • Options
    I see there is an exchange with some things on it that cost nothing. I can understand why it is underused (actually not sure why there are any items on it at all, if sellers have no EC to gain) Guess I'll have copy copy copy toons until I have all the items I need. Would be useful if everything was free, then again I see why people wouldn't do that. Would be easier just if cryptic had all items on it for free, already.

There's no zen store for tribble or dil exchange I see, but I do see for fleet projects you do still get fleet credits, which it seems aren't free.

Fleet credits are free.

Per the Academy thread Testing Out A Build Before You Actually Build It there's a console on the back wall of Drozana Station (across from the bank) that has everything you need.
  • Options
    So, if one of my toons has 1 master key, I could copy that toon 10 times to tribble, to get 10 keys, but if I wanted 100, I would have to copy it 37 times almost 4 times 37x4, deleting my characters on tribble and copying them again. I'm not sure if this is the way it works, just trying to find out

Is it possible for me to copy a character on tribble that's already on tribble. So for the above example, instead of having to copy my character 100 times, I could copy it 10 times, give all 10 keys to my first copy, then copy THAT character 10 times to get 100?
    The copy process is usually very quick to instant so you'd be able to duplicate keys without too much effort. Starting out with more than one key might help.

Here's a link to somebody who did 12,000 just last year if you need some info...
    https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/lurgky/i_opened_12k_infinity_lb_on_tribble_here_are_the/
    I want to some tests such as seeing how many omega upgrades it takes me to upgrade an item from MK II, or MXII to MKXV epic, without risking actual upgrades on holodeck to give me an idea. As well as do some stf's missions to see how it would be on holodeck.
    It'd probably be easier to find a group of 5 on holodeck after you've done your lockbox thing on Tribble.

Some of the patrols with continuously spawning enemies can be a reliable test. There's one called "The Ninth Rule" (Kinjer System) that can be good for this. Also don't forget that the console on Drozana Station gives access to it's own test maps (might have mentioned this in one of your other threads).

The test server is a great place to try different gear and skill trees on a boxed ship of your choice before committing on holodeck.
  • Options
    Looking right now for someone that would simply let me borrow 200 keys (or if I'm lucky 999) so I can copy my toons over, I only have 12 right and could have 9999 if I copied my toon 1000 times, just want to make it quicker. I can give them any statement/screenshots they need, as well as give them say the EC equivalent of those keys (probably don't have enough for 999 though) so we give them back after I've copied my toons to tribble.