test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You for Fixing the KDF Starbase Transporter.

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
I noticed that the KDF Starbase transporter pad works "normally" now, thank you for fixing it!

Also, to toot my own horn... it looks like it was as I posted in the thread on the bug forum. It was the "plexiglass" display on the transporter operation computer thingy blocking "line of effect/sight" from our characters to the transporter officer. Now that the plexiglass is removed, it seems to work like other transporter pads in the game.
Submitted the bug on the Beam to shipyard interact missing in the latest game build to the appropriate team to verify and fix. Going to however need more information on that "The beam-out point at the Klingon Fleet Starbase is also misaligned and has been for ages. " Pictures help.

Here is a video I made on the KDF Fleet Starbase Transporter issue. The transporter prompt doesn't show when we stand on the transporter pad. We have to stand off to the side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7T4IZflIY

From what I can tell, and am trying to show in the video, the "plexiglass" screen on the transporter computer seems to be blocking "line of effect/sight" to talk to the transporter officer. I move slowly along the side to show that the ability to transport out of the starbase disappears once the plexiglass gets in the way. The transporter computers in front of the transporter officers on Qo'noS, Qo'noS Shipyard, Earth Spacedock, and Federation Fleet Starbases don't have the plexiglass. So maybe that's the reason it's not working properly on the KDF Fleet Starbase?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    I also noticed today you could fly to the shipyard in Qo’nos and beam down to it properly too. I don’t know when it was fixed but I am really glad it was. I was tired of flying to the planet to get over there.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    I noticed that the KDF Starbase transporter pad works "normally" now, thank you for fixing it!

Also, to toot my own horn... it looks like it was as I posted in the thread on the bug forum. It was the "plexiglass" display on the transporter operation computer thingy blocking "line of effect/sight" from our characters to the transporter officer. Now that the plexiglass is removed, it seems to work like other transporter pads in the game.
    Submitted the bug on the Beam to shipyard interact missing in the latest game build to the appropriate team to verify and fix. Going to however need more information on that "The beam-out point at the Klingon Fleet Starbase is also misaligned and has been for ages. " Pictures help.

Here is a video I made on the KDF Fleet Starbase Transporter issue. The transporter prompt doesn't show when we stand on the transporter pad. We have to stand off to the side.

<video>

From what I can tell, and am trying to show in the video, the "plexiglass" screen on the transporter computer seems to be blocking "line of effect/sight" to talk to the transporter officer. I move slowly along the side to show that the ability to transport out of the starbase disappears once the plexiglass gets in the way. The transporter computers in front of the transporter officers on Qo'noS, Qo'noS Shipyard, Earth Spacedock, and Federation Fleet Starbases don't have the plexiglass. So maybe that's the reason it's not working properly on the KDF Fleet Starbase?
    The plexiglass and line of sight certainly seems to be the issue. I can interact with the transporter officer on either side. Nice catch. There doesn't appear to be any change on PC for a completed KDF Starbase. Hopefully they can get around to labelling the plexiglass as transparent or whatever they need to do.

ps83yn6a20d6.jpg

• Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    OH NO! That's very sad news. Sorry for the false hope and self-celebration. So embarrassing... I'm really sorry.

*Sighs.* Hopefully they do fix it eventually someday, and just remove the plexiglass from all KDF Fleet Starbases, regardless of the tier it's leveled to. Especially now that it's easily able to confirm that the lower tiers without plexiglass work, and once it gets put in at higher tiers, it breaks the transporter.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2022
    qultuq wrote: »
    I also noticed today you could fly to the shipyard in Qo’nos and beam down to it properly too. I don’t know when it was fixed but I am really glad it was. I was tired of flying to the planet to get over there.

Oh this is VERY GOOD NEWS indeed, I 'thought' until I realized it was NOT actually fixed. :'(
    protoneous wrote: »

<video>

The plexiglass and line of sight certainly seems to be the issue. I can interact with the transporter officer on either side. Nice catch. There doesn't appear to be any change on PC for a completed KDF Starbase. Hopefully they can get around to labelling the plexiglass as transparent or whatever they need to do.

ps83yn6a20d6.jpg

Perhaps the PROBLEM is indeed the Plexiglass, cause often you require to walk to either side right next to Transporter Operator; where the Plexiglass (isn't blocking line of sighting) yet you'd think they could easy FIX that? Or remove the plexiglass in this single case.

Hopefully it really does get FIXED soon, cause several have reported it YEARS ago...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.