test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Take Days of Doom Offline Until Fixed

Topic. This TFO is the worst, a nightmare of epic proportions that is half broken and half idiotic. The game is way too strict on the position of dropping warp cores, and those often fail to do anything anyway. There are no clear indicators of how all the mechanics work, and there is little room for anything but a perfect run, which is virtually impossible due to how buggy it is. I can't say a single good thing about this TFO, and the fact it contributes nothing to the story whatsoever makes it even worse. I'm going to call this the start of an official petition to take Days of Doom offline at least until it can be properly fixed and balanced.

EDIT: It also gives no Starship Mastery, unlike other TFOs. One Advanced TFO is almost always enough to gain one mastery level, but here it didn't even move the bar. Went in with Mastery 4 and half bar, ended with Mastery 4 and half bar.

Comments

• wildman38ewildman38e Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Topic. This TFO is the worst, a nightmare of epic proportions that is half broken and half idiotic. The game is way too strict on the position of dropping warp cores, and those often fail to do anything anyway. There are no clear indicators of how all the mechanics work, and there is little room for anything but a perfect run, which is virtually impossible due to how buggy it is. I can't say a single good thing about this TFO, and the fact it contributes nothing to the story whatsoever makes it even worse. I'm going to call this the start of an official petition to take Days of Doom offline at least until it can be properly fixed and balanced.

EDIT: It also gives no Starship Mastery, unlike other TFOs. One Advanced TFO is almost always enough to gain one mastery level, but here it didn't even move the bar. Went in with Mastery 4 and half bar, ended with Mastery 4 and half bar.

well I have played that one, but as for it being as bad as you say, no, but I would dare to say that it could be redone in a better format in regards to the over all warp core issue, but the entire TFO is and can me rather fun if you play it right
  • neoncrimsonskye#5736 neoncrimsonskye Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Except it is hard to play right when with so many bugs. Heck, it might be easily solvable by making the Harg'peng Torpedoes actually do anything at all rather than being the most useless item in the game. There are no real instructions, nothing to indicate where to drop warp cores (which is kinda random), and the objectives are too far apart. Add to that the fact that most people already consider it the worst TFO in the game by a wide margin (again mainly due to how buggy and vague it is), and I think it's obvious it at least needs to be reworked from scratch. This TFO as a Random TFO sucks more than anything because it is literally impossible to prepare for this TFO.
    Post edited by neoncrimsonskye#5736 on