test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Wishlist] Various Starships' Features and Bugfixes

This is a small list of things I would love to see changed about some of the ships in the game:
  • First and foremost, the warp animation for 2409 characters should be updated, as the current one is no longer suitable due to the sizes of an increasing percentage of ships in the game and its age. Also given canon warp animations in Picard, which is over 20 years further in time than the TNG-era warp animation, those ones should now be used since they are a lot closer to the current year in STO.
  • Odyssey-Type Ships: Many of the variants of nacelle pylons have impulse engines on them yet the impulse trails do not show when the ship is in motion.
  • Odyssey-Type Ships: Request for the command-pod on the Lexington variant to have its own variant on the other hull variants on ships of this type (Sojourner, Endeavor, Odyssey, Yorktown, Verity)
  • Jarok Alliance Carrier: The warp-out animation is using the classic 2409-style animation instead of the one that the Khitomer and Temer use. That should be fixed.
  • Various Temporal Ships: The little light that indicates what mode the ship is in will sometimes still be illuminated despite a cloak being active. Primarily noticed on the Verne, Legendary Temporal Constitution and Legendary Glenn.
  • Avenger-class: The impulse engines on the nacelle pylons do not have impulse trails when the ships is at warp.
  • ALL SHIPS: While in sector space, ships' models will "quiver". This occurs in all four quadrants at both rest and in motion.
  • Suggestion for Veteran Material: Change the warp nacelle trails to the same color as the nacelles' (e.g. that purplish color on Federation ships with the material selected).
  • Suggestion for Vanity Shields: Change the warp nacelle and impulse engine trails to the same color that the vanity shield changes them to, respectively.
  • Discovery Refit: The warp nacelles do not cleanly re-attach to the hull when going into warp. There is a visible gap.

If I see other significant bugs or think of other feature requests I won't hesitate to add them.