test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    Relative size of the Borg Ship is the more impressive one:

Probably not going to fit in STO with severe reduction in size. I think this beats the Viridian in canon size.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2022
    If we see that in Star Trek Online, it's likely only going to be a final boss of a future TFO; more akin to what happens in one with the Undine.

Still thanks for posting everyone!
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    so a new type of excelsior. wanna bet that'll be a lockbox ship that can also act as a skin for the T6 excelsior?
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    hope we get a version of the borg ship

waaaay to big for a player ship, that'll be a boss ship garenteed.

on another note, one thing I'd like to see are duty officer cards for all the characters from Picard (as well as the rest of the series)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I updated the OP and put all of the links inside the "spoiler" box so people can read new replies to the thread without having to load all of the images each time.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    hope we get a version of the borg ship

waaaay to big for a player ship, that'll be a boss ship garenteed.

They could scale it down, they did that with the Emerald Chain ship. As one of very few Borg ships to have an easily discernible front I think it has a very high probability of getting added at some point.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    so a new type of excelsior. wanna bet that'll be a lockbox ship that can also act as a skin for the T6 excelsior?

I have the same feeling too.. that is sad, because there is not many Excelsior variants.. and the Resolute is a no go... i just hate the looks.. the Repulse is better, but not quite there, and i dont want to use the TMP/TNG skins... i want something new... :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Relative size of the Borg Ship is the more impressive one:

The Queen needs more room for her new capes :rolleyes:

Although I liked Picard S2 so far, I am really, really afraid they'll make Picard's mother the Borg Queen pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    Isn't bulk of season 2 suppose to be set in 2024 or at least a version of that year? so I doubt Picard's mom will have that prominent of a role.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Although not actually the topic of this thread, I enjoyed S2E1 much more than I thought I would, and a lot more than S1 in general. S2E1 felt like a 'soft reboot' of the show and way more like what it should have been from the beginning IMO. That said, it's only 1 episode so obviously too early to really know.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I feel they went full Discovery with it, deciding that Season 1 was kinda, sorta a complete pointless mess and now they try again, but for real this time with fan favorite plots people maybe even care about. At least that is my take on it.

The whole synth story line and Picard's synth body? Has no bearing whatsoever on anything - it would have if Picard's body was 'young' and another actor would have picked up, but like this - why do it in the first place?

It's a weird take on doing a show, but I hope it stays enjoyable.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    ...The whole synth story line and Picard's synth body? Has no bearing whatsoever on anything - it would have if Picard's body was 'young' and another actor would have picked up, but like this - why do it in the first place?...

Because Patrick Stewart's initial response was "No...unless you can tell me I won't just be doing a rehash of what I did as 'Jean Luc Picard' for Seven TV seasons, and 4 feature film..."

I'm sure the: "Picard becomes a synthetic lifeform, akin to, but more advanced than Data was..." piqued his interest aas a 'novel' take and 'something different'.
    ^^^
    That pitch got him to agree to 3 Seasons/30 episodes.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    kingzissoukingzissou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Excellent post! Really great to see the armada broken down like that. I am happy to see the Jemison and other namesakes included (3 cheers for Sagan-Class, as well). I think Picard season 1 was absolutely incredible, and season 2 has started off with a bang, as well. Discovery has been great this season as well. I can't wait to see what else gets incorporated into STO in response to these shows.
  • Options
    schlesier#8918 schlesier Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    i will have the excelsior and stagazer as a second skin for her k6 version at the store
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    Wonder what the new queen vessel looks like in size comparison to to a tact borg cube and the borg type 3 ships.

Cubes are generally considered to be 3000 m by 3000 m by 3000 m or 27 000 000 000 m^3, that new ship is 10159 m for longest side however due the complex shape it has I had no idea about the volume.
  • Options
    pylkargibbs#6659 pylkargibbs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    pretty awesome looking ships though even if they are a bit big in size a version of the borg ship would be awesome to see
This discussion has been closed.