test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should I use the new Alliance fighters instead of the Tactical flyers

spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
Simple enough question I suppose, Would it be viable to replace the Tactical Flyers I'm using on my Legendary Oddy with the new Alliance fighters (as they'd look more fitting with the ship) or would they Ally fighters be so much worse that I'd be nerfing myself needlessly?

Answers

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    The new alliance fighters are top of the tree for hangar pets due to the stacking focused assault they can deliver.

So yes, it would be very viable.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    The new alliance fighters are top of the tree for hangar pets due to the stacking focused assault they can deliver.

They are not top of the tree. They do a lot less DPS then other hangar pets and Focused Assault 3 is not that useful due to how rarely they use it and how they tend to dump them all on the same target which we have no control over so more often then not is some tiny worthless target. I lost 40k by swapping to Alliance pets.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »

Am curious.... is there any kind of detailed analysis publicly available on the various hangar pets? (I've never been that into carriers, and had recently been using the Tac Flyers on pretty much everything just because)
    Not centralized but I have done some and DilaZirK has done some nice testing. Both our results pretty much align.

https://www.sto-league.com/a-brief-guide-to-getting-the-most-out-of-hanger-pets/ a little outdated and needs some work along with language improvements in a few areas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/iflimr/dps_comparison_of_various_hangar_pets_including/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/phuitc/dps_performance_test_of_all_the_hangar_pets_i/

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »

They are not top of the tree. They do a lot less DPS then other hangar pets and Focused Assault 3 is not that useful due to how rarely they use it and how they tend to dump them all on the same target which we have no control over so more often then not is some tiny worthless target. I lost 40k by swapping to Alliance pets.

Not to be confrontational, but what would still be on top in that case? To'duj squadrons with SAD still, and maybe Rommie drones.

To answer the OPs other query, nobody has done a comprehensive test of hangar pets in a while as it's stupidly expensive to get all the pets and platforms in some cases.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    pottsey5g wrote: »

Not to be confrontational, but what would still be on top in that case? To'duj squadrons with SAD still, and maybe Rommie drones.

To answer the OPs other query, nobody has done a comprehensive test of hangar pets in a while as it's stupidly expensive to get all the pets and platforms in some cases.
    Drones have fallen pretty far down the list. With SAD rare To'duj squadrons are still top by a noticeable amount. Without SAD Lost Souls with Scrambled fighters are top but limited on what ships they work on. Without SAD that work on any ships I would go for Elite Mirror shuttles myself though other people prefer Elite ClassC shuttles when you don't want torps. Without SAD Timeships or Scorpions Fighters (not squadrons) are strong when torps are ok.