test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiaru Jarok... With a new ship perhaps?

midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
edited March 2023 in Romulan Discussion
We have a new Carrier with her name, as homage to her.
Currently, Jarok has a T5 ship named the R.R.W. Lleiset. In future missions, will she be flying the Jarok Alliance Carrier?

Whether she is or not, I suggest she gets command of a newer T6? Maybe the Khopesh Tactical Dreadnought Warbird.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    It's named after her dad Alidar actually.

I doubt they'll bother changing her ship in any case. Tier doesn't matter to AI.
  • Options
    It's named after her dad Alidar actually.

I doubt they'll bother changing her ship in any case. Tier doesn't matter to AI.

After her dad? Oh, I did not know that. Where did you obtain that information?

Tier no, I am aware of that, but it does to us. If you see a flagship, would you prefer seeing a T5 OR a T6? Personally, I think a T6 ship would be more prestigious for her.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I don’t think anyone outright said why the ship is named Jarok, but it makes sense that Alidar would be the namesake because is a canonical Star Trek character, an Admiral in the Romulan Navy, an early proponent of peace between The Romulan Star Empire and the Federation, and a martyr to the cause.

In the TNG episode “The Defector” Alidar Jarok attempts defect to the Federation to prevent a Romulan-Federation war. He is given false information and inadvertently lures the Enterprise into a trap, eventually committing suicide when he fails. He does though leave a note for his wife and daughter (who was named Tiaru in apocryphal (non-canonical or beta-canon) sources such as STO).

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Alidar_Jarok
  • Options
    qultuq wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone outright said why the ship is named Jarok, but it makes sense that Alidar would be the namesake because is a canonical Star Trek character, an Admiral in the Romulan Navy, an early proponent of peace between The Romulan Star Empire and the Federation, and a martyr to the cause.

In the TNG episode “The Defector” Alidar Jarok attempts defect to the Federation to prevent a Romulan-Federation war. He is given false information and inadvertently lures the Enterprise into a trap, eventually committing suicide when he fails. He does though leave a note for his wife and daughter (who was named Tiaru in apocryphal (non-canonical or beta-canon) sources such as STO).

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Alidar_Jarok

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that. I had no clue, I certainly couldn't remember there was a Rom by that name in the tv show.
  • Options
    corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I would think a refit of the lahset from it's current design to the newer Legendary designs in a similar vein to the Enterprise F getting the Yorktown refit. Maybe with a unique vanity shield hull material to be unique.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.