test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

20m Range for Section 31 Rifle????????

I know this may be small potatoes compared to other things, but this really irritates me. The Section 31 heavy phaser rifle is...a rifle. In game, all rifles are ranged between 25-35m. Hand phasers and the like are ranged at 25m. Why does a rifle have less range than a hand phaser? This makes no sense whatsoever. The only other rifles that are limited to a 20m range are pulsewave assaults and those have a specific mechanic making them akin to shotguns...The Section 31 rifle is not a pulsewave assault. Personally, I think it makes the weapon unpopular and impractical compared to other rifles in game.

I propose the following: Increase the range of the Section 31 heavy phaser rifle to 35m, 30m at the least. Alternatively, if the range stays at 20m, increase the damage to be commensurate with a pulsewave assault or blast assault weapon.

Again, I know there are bigger fish to fry, but this has been nagging at me for quite a while. It's a nice rifle, but a rifle shouldn't have less range than a hand phaser.

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Its already one of the most overpowered highest DPS ground weapons. There is no way it needs a damage increase to compensate.

The weapon is not unpopular or impractical its the best ground weapon in the game if anything when combined with kit modules. Nothing else comes close to what we can do with this weapon. When the phaser endeavor comes up it takes a matter of seconds to do.
  • orestes82#5764 orestes82 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    I know this may be small potatoes compared to other things, but this really irritates me. The Section 31 heavy phaser rifle is...a rifle. In game, all rifles are ranged between 25-35m. Hand phasers and the like are ranged at 25m. Why does a rifle have less range than a hand phaser? This makes no sense whatsoever. The only other rifles that are limited to a 20m range are pulsewave assaults and those have a specific mechanic making them akin to shotguns...The Section 31 rifle is not a pulsewave assault. Personally, I think it makes the weapon unpopular and impractical compared to other rifles in game.

I propose the following: Increase the range of the Section 31 heavy phaser rifle to 35m, 30m at the least. Alternatively, if the range stays at 20m, increase the damage to be commensurate with a pulsewave assault or blast assault weapon.

Again, I know there are bigger fish to fry, but this has been nagging at me for quite a while. It's a nice rifle, but a rifle shouldn't have less range than a hand phaser.
    Its already one of the most overpowered highest DPS ground weapons. There is no way it needs a damage increase to compensate.

The weapon is not unpopular or impractical its the best ground weapon in the game if anything when combined with kit modules. Nothing else comes close to what we can do with this weapon. When the phaser endeavor comes up it takes a matter of seconds to do.

The post is about increasing the range to what a rifle should be, not the damage and I never mentioned damage per second. I proposed the damage increase in there as a possible alternative if the range is only 20 meters. Again, I like the rifle and I'm using it now which prompted me to make this post. Regardless of kit modules, a rifle shouldn't have less range than a pistol.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    You proposed a damage increase to a weapon which already has the highest ground damage. Don't you think that solution is a bit to much?

My concern is this rifle is already stupidly powerful and with longer range it goes beyond overpowered. While I would like to see more range as I prefer longer range weapons. We have to factor in its power level and its current power level + more range will be too good. It would make the weapon even more unbalanced and even more overpowered then it already is.

EDIT: Well I guess primary fire range being boosed to 25m might be ok. But under no circumstances boost secondary fire range to 25m+
  • orestes82#5764 orestes82 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    You proposed a damage increase to a weapon which already has the highest ground damage. Don't you think that solution is a bit to much?

My concern is this rifle is already stupidly powerful and with longer range it goes beyond overpowered. While I would like to see more range as I prefer longer range weapons. We have to factor in its power level and its current power level + more range will be too good. It would make the weapon even more unbalanced and even more overpowered then it already is.

EDIT: Well I guess primary fire range being boosed to 25m might be ok. But under no circumstances boost secondary fire range to 25m+

The alternative proposal for the damage was based on the high damage/low range of pulsewave assault weapons which are limited to 20m. My primary goal is to increase the range only. I could care less about the damage increase as I agree with you that the damage the rifle already does is satisfactory. I also agree that the secondary fire should stay at 20m and I can compromise with 25m for primary. That would at least put the range comparable to a pistol.