test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Kit Turret passive and counter query

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
For fun, I decided to give my Libbyrated Borg the Borg kitframe, just for this turret:
?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

According to the descrption, 7 counters must be accrued before it will deploy.
Is there a UI element showing how many counters are there so I can know how close the turret is to being deployed?

Here is my UI arrangement in case the relevant element has been hidden:

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    The usual place to check for things similar to that is in your buff bar.

hi3hFZL.jpg
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    This is what was under the mission tracker:

Looks like the buff area is where the counter indicator is to be found:

I am still uncertain if this kit function is a viable/practical one.
    The counters expire in 1 minute, so that is the amount of time to acquire all 7 by using any kitframe modules.
    According to the description, a maximum of three Borg Turrets can be generated, which would require 7 uses per minute for a total of 21 over 3 minutes.

I am not sure that is possible, I could only produce one.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    I looked at the CJ kitmodule.
    Too dependent on keeping a team around you, did not like that, I prefer self-sufficient builds.
    I wasn’t entirely comfortable with pulling off one of my kit modules, then I saw the cooldown of 1:30 and then decided against using it.

edited August 2021
    Still too long.

What turrets?
    I am using this kitframe on an Tactical character and I doubt the singular Borg turret I can generate is that effective for the porpoise of this kit module.

Ultimately though, I don’t like displacing useful kit modules for passive buffs, so this kit module isn’t going to be utilized by me.
    Post edited by tilarta on

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    Looking at your ground tray your current kit modules are motion accelerator, sweeping strikes, lunge, a (micro-torp) spread or launch, and (possibly polaron) bombardment.

Some other kit modules that reduce cool downs are Mudd's Time Device (reputation) and Return Fire (Command specialization).
    tilarta wrote: »
    I am using this kitframe on an Tactical character and I doubt the singular Borg turret I can generate is that effective.

If you're not satisfied with the effectiveness of the single Borg turret perhaps you could keep the costume unlock and explore other kit frames with a good dose of kit performance (and maybe some CrtH) in combination with some meta armor and PSG choices, along with some damage buffs for yourself (and sometimes others) such as Ambush, Battle Strategies, Motivation, and Rally Cry?

Just mentioning this as one thing that makes tactical characters so nice is damage buffs. They can dramatically improve the damage done with a variety of your attacks whether they be from your primary weapon or something like lunge, and sometimes buff the rest of your team also.
  • parmeggidoparmeggido Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I am still uncertain if this kit function is a viable/practical one.
    The counters expire in 1 minute, so that is the amount of time to acquire all 7 by using any kitframe modules.
    According to the description, a maximum of three Borg Turrets can be generated, which would require 7 uses per minute for a total of 21 over 3 minutes.

I am not sure that is possible, I could only produce one.

So I just want to be clear about something. It sound like you think you have to activate 7 kit powers within 1 minute to make a turret. This is not the case. Every use of a kit power both adds a counter, and resets the timer to 1 minute. So if you have 4 counters with 27 seconds left and activate a kit power, now you have 5 counters with 60 seconds left. Still, it's nice to have some short cooldown modules so you can get them out quickly.