test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Oddessy t5u to t5ux?

jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
What console would you use for the universal slot?

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    That totally depends on the rest of your build. There is no one certain console that you would always use in a new console slot.

Since we have no idea what your other 10 consoles are, it's impossible to accurately answer this question.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    I myself only upgrade T5 Ships that our Fleet Grade meaning they have 11 Consoles, along with Mastery I-IV, and the added Hull &/or Shield Modifiers myself.

Same goes for T6, ensure they have 11 Consoles (like all Purple Quality) T5/T6 Ships in Admiralty have, or in the exception case of Miracle Worker Ships they have 12. Those are the Ships I'll apply Experimental to, unless I really love a ship and want to make Fly it more...
    0zxlclk.png
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    Well this is a phaser build with the quantum set. Beams and one torp. I was thinking either engineer or science five tac seems like over kill on this ship I do have that P.leech console but hearing its not as good anymore.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    For directed energy builds (beams or cannons) my tactical console slots are usually filled with energy specific tactical consoles so I find the universal slot quite often gets dedicated to the Lorca's Custom Fire Control console. Your mileage may vary :smile:
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    For directed energy builds (beams or cannons) my tactical console slots are usually filled with energy specific tactical consoles so I find the universal slot quite often gets dedicated to the Lorca's Custom Fire Control console. Your mileage may vary :smile:

right. and there are a couple of other builds that have a tac console not as good as a dedicated energy console, like that relay one that is part of the biomolecular phaser/disruptor set or the chronometric polaron console. or if you need the console to complete a set.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    nixie50 wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »

right. and there are a couple of other builds that have a tac console not as good as a dedicated energy console, like that relay one that is part of the biomolecular phaser/disruptor set or the chronometric polaron console. or if you need the console to complete a set.

For sure there's a lot of things that can go there, hence the ymmv.

I don't use the Counter-Command Multi-Energy Console but rather the Hydrodynamics Compensator to complete that set for it's 2 piece. It's universal so usually there's room elsewhere. The chronometric capacitor tac console is something I usually use on science/torp builds. The Morphogenic Matrix Controller might be more for polaron dew builds.

On at least 7/10 of my directed energy builds I looked at the Lorca console is usually what's found in the extra X-upgrade universal slot which is why I mentioned it. It's a decent choice.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Wow guys thank you for all the replies. Should I replace the leech with something else I wonder?
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    honest? I'd look at the workbee console as an oh, TRIBBLE heal, depending on what you have for a build
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    jarfaru wrote: »
    Wow guys thank you for all the replies. Should I replace the leech with something else I wonder?

Yes. Even if your leech isn't in your X-upgrade universal slot there are probably better options now. Suggestions are difficult without knowing more about your build and what consoles you're already using.