What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(redacted)

gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
(flame/troll/rant/vulgar material redacted) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Chillll ... Stop ranting. If you only came here to rant a word of advice .... this thread will be closed down. The new content is beatable on normal. It's not just about gear look at traits too. So stop referring to the devs as morons. Stop using or referring to use profanities' but most of all stop ranting full stop because you carry on the way you are going you are heading towards a permanent ban from the forum too. Then what you going to do if you have to contact support and they recommend you post on the forum ... reply with I can't I'm banned.

Sorry you can't complete the content when it is beatable, but you should be looking at your own setup instead of ranting at the devs.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    edited May 2021
    First you need to dial it way back with the attitude as it will get you nowhere fast on these forums. Now if you like help we will give you help. If you want to rant this will be closed immediately. Do you want to take a deep breath and try again? The choice is yours.

Now with that said, there is no mission that is unbeatable in this game, especially on normal. Having mk xv weapons and equipment on its own does not guarantee a victory. the fact you're having an issue and you say you have mk xv items tells me it's a build issue and not a game issue. Anything in this game on normal can be cleared easily with mk xii very rare items. Before you go nuts and say "it's not my build, didn't you listen". A build can be at fault even with mk xv equipment if those items and abilities don't synergize with each other and mesh with each other. Thankfully in STO there's nothing players can do that's so bad it can't be fixed.

For your build if you would like help this is what I need to know. I need to know what items you have on your ship. This means every weapon including mods of the weapon, the shields, engines, deflector, warp core, and consoles you have on the ship. I also need to know what you have for a skill tree, your personal space traits, and your starship traits. I can provide you with a build for any ship in the game and virtually any goal in the game, tank, DPS, science, what have you. I can also provide you with a build and setup for any level of budget you may have in game.

If you want to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try again asking for help, I will help you out. The choice is yours.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah I've done both of those missions on my KDF recruit that's currently my weakest character and I've yet run into anything like the OP describes. It would help if he told in calm manner exactly where he got stuck in.

I mean I could see it being an issue with the tactics he uses as well, for example if one tries stubbornly to "clear the field" in the space in battle in the mission "A day long remembered" it won't work until the last phase where it becomes an objective and you need to go for objectives.

Either way we need him to explain what he is having issues with in a calm manner.
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (flame/troll/rant/vulgar post removed) - darkbladejk
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    (redacted material quote removed) - darkbladejk

Im sorry, but I am in agreeance with everyone else. It is either your build, tactics or a combination of both. Also, seriously asking several people to go "redacted" themselves? Not very mature my friend.

Also, I have been playing for 10 years myself and my experience (on higher difficulties) and others in my fleet (who play for story and not challenges) have shown these missions are more than doable on normal difficulty.

You can sometimes get into trouble (i.e. dying) if you charge head first into all the enemies who have every single ability available to them who then fire at the only target in range, especially if you have been debuffed or have low resistances. However, flanking your targets and faking them out easily negates that advantage.

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I tried to give you a chance and to help you out. However instead of taking the help offered you chose to rage at us. nothing more can be done here. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.