test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge officers BoP? from exchange

diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
Today after server restart i bought a few bridge officers but instead of my inventory i got them as candidates?! support is useless, so i ask here. and my q. is very simple)))
(profanity placeholder)?
i bought them for my other char and now (profanity placeholder) what? is there any way to buy something from exchange and not get item bound to you/acc?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,102 Arc User
    If you left them as candidates you should be able to drag them as attachments to an in-game mail at a mail terminal and mail them to your other character.
  • diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    protoneous wrote: »
    If you left them as candidates you should be able to drag them as attachments to an in-game mail at a mail terminal and mail them to your other character.

TY. will try now)

edit.
    yes. this works. thank you again
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,607 Arc User
    Did you say NOT NOW instead of YES when asked if you wanted to commission? If NOT NOW they should be in inventory or stations / candidate roster.

Are you on console or PC?

On PC you can mail boffs to your alts if you go to a mail terminal.

On console, you must transfer them through the exchange by selling and buying. Pick a crazy high price that includes some "marker digits" so you don't accidentally buy someone else's boff. For example set a sell price of 3,900,777 instead of 3,900,000 so the 777 tells you it's your boff.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,607 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    For the sake of completeness... they can also be dragged to the Exchange from the candidate screen, not just to Mail.

Sure, you can use the exchange to transfer boffs on PC too not just console, but no sane person would do that :)

People have been complaining for years so it won't change, but Cryptic should let us mail boffs on console and use the account bank on both PC and console.

This discussion has been closed.