Install Arc
Options

No more featured episode runs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    In Available the individual episodes do not show up until you complete the previous one, once. Or in other words, only the first mission in the arc will appear, until you play it... then the second one... etc. However, once they appear, they will always be visible for replay. Basically, it forces you to play through the whole arc the first time.

That explains it. I had it on everyone BUT that character, so that's why i thought it was standard as i did.

Thank you for the help, all.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    It's kinda ironic to be honest...people were complaining about having to do a featured episode 4 times in a row to get a full set...instead we're doing the same TFO 20 times to unlock the set and if we don't finish it in the event period we have to pay zen to unlock it

So much better! :trollface:
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    I will never understand why such great episodes, which were even the reason I started playing STO, were retired. Were they treading on the new episodes' toes in comparison, or what?

And yeah, I used to find it frustrating to replay an episode, especially one I hadn't enjoyed to get all the bits...but I would actually replay one of those episodes over the new ones. I don't want to play a shoot 'em up, I want to feel like it's an episode of Star Trek...a classic episode, not a Discovery-esque shoot 'em up. I also don't want to feel redundant in the episode, because it's all about one of the characters instead.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Because...it's a a lot easier to churn out a generic shoot-em-up than it is to put effort into guiding a story, the devs are following the queue of Discovery writers to a tee

Because that's all Discovery is, one big shoot-em-up with expensive effects...there is no effort to make the story good, or even decent. No effort to preserve anything good...it's just a shoot-em-up where the only real point is to add up the body count
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Because...it's a a lot easier to churn out a generic shoot-em-up than it is to put effort into guiding a story, the devs are following the queue of Discovery writers to a tee

Because that's all Discovery is, one big shoot-em-up with expensive effects...there is no effort to make the story good, or even decent. No effort to preserve anything good...it's just a shoot-em-up where the only real point is to add up the body count

Nail. Head. Hit. On.

I think that's why there's so much contempt for Discovery, because if the special effects were secondary to story...or ideally thirdly after characters too.
This discussion has been closed.