Install Arc
Options

Please remove the irritating dancing NPC's

2»

Comments

• Options
    haxxsaw#9362 haxxsaw Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    howtor wrote: »
    If they want to institute a way to disable on your own client side then I am all for it. But I will not be for the removal of it because I do not like it and want to force others to stop using it.

I guess I do not see the big issue with it, with one click I no longer have to view them.

I would agree with this. Make it optional. People that like them or do not mind them can have them appear.
  • Options
    vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Personally they don't bother me so much that are tied to other players, I can always go elsewhere...they do bother me when they spawn for me...and it's the only reason I bought an inexpensive non-combat pet
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    Yes, do. They are an eyesore.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Since the Elachi are tied to that one equipment set, one workaround to avoid generating any yourself would be to swap to a ship that doesn't use that set before entering a social zone like ESD. (Like swapping out the KIDD drone kit for something else before going to Risa.) Disabling the dancing Elachi might require a whole new UI option just for that, or a special item, so I'm not sure how likely it is to happen. (Also, in my experience, the disable visuals option for items with visuals isn't very reliable, it had a habit of turning back on, and I'm not sure if it could be made to work for this.)

Ultimately I think it was an attempt at bringing some light into a dark time, and I don't really have a problem with that. That's very much in the original spirit of Star Trek.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    Since the Elachi are tied to that one equipment set, one workaround to avoid generating any yourself would be to swap to a ship that doesn't use that set before entering a social zone like ESD. (Like swapping out the KIDD drone kit for something else before going to Risa.) Disabling the dancing Elachi might require a whole new UI option just for that, or a special item, so I'm not sure how likely it is to happen. (Also, in my experience, the disable visuals option for items with visuals isn't very reliable, it had a habit of turning back on, and I'm not sure if it could be made to work for this.)

Ultimately I think it was an attempt at bringing some light into a dark time, and I don't really have a problem with that. That's very much in the original spirit of Star Trek.

I wish it was this simple. I deleted the whole set from one of my characters, yet the Elachi are still beaming in with me.

Please remove or give us the option to turn these guys off. Summoning a pet works but I shouldn't have to do that while not having the set AT ALL.
  • Options
    carlos#7199 carlos Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    This is one of the most irritating things in the game. Even game bugs seems to be more acceptable :neutral:
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I agree. Make them visible to the user of whatever power causes them to appear. Or restrict its use to mission maps.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.