test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary KDF Captain Pack with Legendary D7

123457»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It's a minor detail but I'll be interested in whether or not Letheans are actually part of the BOFF bundle since they were forgotten, or intentionally left out, on the official announcement.

I might've somehow missed it, but during the livestream I was hoping Kael was going to display all the ship skins but I only saw the Qo'nos One & the Romulan one. They probably skipped the others since already in-game & to save time, but sometimes part of marketing is showing-off the goods to tempt buyers.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    SCOTT: No question. Their power is simple impulse.

From 'Balance of Terror'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Minns is right. The line from Balance of Terror seems to say Tne Romulan ship is not warp-capable—if we accept it at face value. That has lead to speculation that Romulans may have gotten warp from the Klingons. However the real reasons are Enterprise retconned everything; the Romulan war was in an imagined timeline where Space-warfare of radio communication and Nuclear warheads was a lot closer to the 1960s—a vision where 1996 could launch sleeper spaceships. Likewise Enterprise Incident used the Klingon model because AMD wanted to sell more D7 model kits—
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Interesting. I still find it hard to believe that Humans developed warp drive before the Romulans. Maybe they had no need to develope warp technology after settling Romulus.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Quick question about the non-ship part of the pack. Specifically the BOFFs. Are they (and the Level 65 token) bound to the same character who buys the pack, or can they be assigned to separate characters? In other words, are they separately boxed?

My new KDF recruit could use the bump from 50 to 65, but the non-Klingon BOFFs might be better on my old Gorn pirate's ship. Hoping to see Gorn BOFFs with the Bite trait, but not holding my breath on that one. AFAIK, that is a Captain-only trait.

I'm definitely buying this pack (for the ship), but would prefer not to mess up on the incidentals, which are obviously bound to character.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Quick question about the non-ship part of the pack. Specifically the BOFFs. Are they (and the Level 65 token) bound to the same character who buys the pack, or can they be assigned to separate characters? In other words, are they separately boxed?

My new KDF recruit could use the bump from 50 to 65, but the non-Klingon BOFFs might be better on my old Gorn pirate's ship. Hoping to see Gorn BOFFs with the Bite trait, but not holding my breath on that one. AFAIK, that is a Captain-only trait.

I'm definitely buying this pack (for the ship), but would prefer not to mess up on the incidentals, which are obviously bound to character.

If it works the same way as the Romulan level boost, the BOFFs are bound to the character that uses the boost token. As is the Mk XV equipment.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »

If it works the same way as the Romulan level boost, the BOFFs are bound to the character that uses the boost token. As is the Mk XV equipment.

Many thanks for the quick answer!

Many thanks for the quick answer!

Aye I think that's the way it was once again explained on the most recent livestream, 1 box for unlocking the D7 then 1 box unlocking the character boosting paraphernalia. I could be mistaken but I think that Borticus stated that the extra console was account-unlocked to with the purchase mechanic. Be sure to ask around though prior to purchasing to make sure.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    One thing that might be overlooked - the Ominous Device console can now be used on any ship. I'm not sure the clickie is useful, but it gives a passive +20% all damage...
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Interesting. I still find it hard to believe that Humans developed warp drive before the Romulans. Maybe they had no need to develope warp technology after settling Romulus.

Aren't both old Romulus and Mol Rihana hundreds (thousands?) of light years across the galaxy from Vulcan? If they left during the Sundering without warp capability they'd still be en route. Vulcans and Romulans must have had FTL capability at that time.

Perhaps the Romulans lost it after that because they didn't bring along the knowledge and skills to make new ships, or the people died before they could train their successors?

Or Scott's statement was a mistake by the writers of that episode and should be ignored.

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I'm liking my new D7. Suddenly i want to play more now that I picked up a ship that isn't crazy expensive yet a classic.

ow7y1HC.jpg
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'm liking my new D7. Suddenly i want to play more now that I picked up a ship that isn't crazy expensive yet a classic.

ow7y1HC.jpg

Its a grat ship, and handles really well, i'm quite satisfied.. havent used the token yet, i guess i'll use it soon.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!

ow7y1HC.jpg
    gaevsman wrote: »

ow7y1HC.jpg

Its a grat ship, and handles really well, i'm quite satisfied.. havent used the token yet, i guess i'll use it soon.

Nice to hear good news about the ship, I'm still on the fence about it myself though tempted, mostly hesitant about the other stuff not the ship.
  • staticharge5347staticharge5347 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I hope they have a way to get the ship without the level boost and excess sometime. I actually prefer leveling my characters from beginning to "end". The journey is far more fulfilling than the destination. Max level is the end of the road for most of my characters.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User

ow7y1HC.jpg
    gaevsman wrote: »

ow7y1HC.jpg

Nice to hear good news about the ship, I'm still on the fence about it myself though tempted, mostly hesitant about the other stuff not the ship.

I jumped on it because it was account bound and the sale. My main is flying it and I've loaded it up with disruptors. Thing handles really well and I'm almost done leveling the ship itself.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I picked it up and shifted my Klingon Recruit over to it last night out of my Legendary T6X T'Liss. That Character has been in that Ship since moving out of the Starter Ship. I have gotten used to the Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak, however.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User

Aren't both old Romulus and Mol Rihana hundreds (thousands?) of light years across the galaxy from Vulcan? If they left during the Sundering without warp capability they'd still be en route. Vulcans and Romulans must have had FTL capability at that time.

Perhaps the Romulans lost it after that because they didn't bring along the knowledge and skills to make new ships, or the people died before they could train their successors?

Or Scott's statement was a mistake by the writers of that episode and should be ignored.

It would be interesting to know more about that piece of Romulan/Vulcan history. The split happened around 370 AD, and I'm not sure it was ever actually mentioned in canon how far apart Romulus and Vulcan are. There also doesn't appear to be a standard or limit on how fast impulse engines can go, only that they are subluminal.

It could be that they had impulse engines that went .99x the speed of light. At that speed they could reach systems within 20 or 30 light years easily in a single generation, or with a generational ship they could probably get 900 light years away before 1400 AD.

Or maybe they found an unstable wormhole, or a more advanced civilization could have helped them along. Or it could be warp technology was lost to them. We don't know that they brought any scientists or engineers. They showed up on an uninhabited world with nothing but what they brought with them. It's entirely possible they had to basically re-invent the wheel as it were.

Anyway, it's an interesting thought experiment, with lots of room for speculation.
This discussion has been closed.