test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CREATION OF BREEN REPUTATION SYSTEM

kestrel5kestrel5 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Sometime ago, I submitted a request for a Breen Reputation System that was forward to the devs for consideration. Allot has changed since the Breen were introduced and it's only fitting that we have ground and space sets at the Mark XIII. Additionally, I suggested that all their weapons space/ground deal cold damage (DoT) with a critical chance of 2.5%.
Thoughts anyone?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    We still don't know what those Breen Filth look like under their uniforms, You should never turn your back to one under any circumstance, joking aside, while it's a good Idea, there's also going to be a lot of grinding, I haven't even maxed out one REP yet on any of my toons.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    To be frank, another reputation grind does not appeal to me in any way. I would prefer if they would add more to the existing reputations:
    * all energy types available for all set weapons (new projects)
    * both cannon and beam variants for all space set weapons (new projects)
    * all weapon types available in rep store (single beam, dual beam, omni beam, single cannon, dual cannon, etc. )
    * torp and mine available as the kinetic weapon for all space weapon sets (new projects) and both torps and mines in store
    * added warp core and singularity core to the old rep space sets (Borg, Nukara, Romulan) with 4-pc bonuses
    * added kit frames to all ground reputation sets with new 4-pc bonuses
    * added armor and shield and kit frame to Romulan rep to create a 4-pc set with the plasma flamethrower.
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    To be frank, another reputation grind does not appeal to me in any way. I would prefer if they would add more to the existing reputations:
    * all weapon types available in rep store (single beam, dual beam, omni beam, single cannon, dual cannon, etc. )
    * torp and mine available as the kinetic weapon for all space weapon sets (new projects) and both torps and mines in store
    * added warp core and singularity core to the old rep space sets (Borg, Nukara, Romulan) with 4-pc bonuses
    * added armor and shield and kit frame to Romulan rep to create a 4-pc set with the plasma flamethrower.

^This. And PLEASE no more reputations to grind.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2021

^This. And PLEASE no more reputations to grind.

Yes a few thread's many months, or even a year or more ago, I too asked for a few new Items, being slowly phased into several REPs!

If they introduced a Breen REP, I'm not sure how excited I'd be about this. Though some unfriendly species (not all) most of the conflict often starts with misunderstandings... ...though I've never been particularly fond of the Terran's either! Still I'd probably do it, it's just too bad we didn't learn more about them!

As for the Breen themselves, and greatly disliked their ships. That and given what we know (a bit more thanks to DS9) it's still very little; so to me its just a dark & cold moment in Star Trek history! As someone said, we've never seen how they look, or even explored their wider cultural makeup. I'd love to think in the few times we've seen them (DS9) that perhaps they have a wider cultural makeup, that wasn't all based on being aggressive, or wanting to be isolationists. Their world was first described as a frozen wasteland in "Indiscretion". Yet "The Changing Face of Evil", it was stated by Weyoun that it is in fact rather temperate. So really how well do we know them?

Still I think the reason we never saw a REP with them, we get a Space set, and a weapons for the SET just from the Breen ARC. :|

I'd like to believe perhaps they have a wider more dynamic culture, than perhaps the little we know of them today; perhaps similar to the Romulans, or even Klingons when we first encountered them in space.

Still I'd rather see revisions or updates to several REPs perhaps first myself.

Omega Reputation is great as one of the few with the most, having 3 Space &/or Ground Sets, while Romulan has 2 Space, yet no Ground set. I'd love to see a Republic Tailor extension for Republic Players, perhaps like a Republic Tactical Armor, or for Allies/Alliance perhaps an variant outfit. They could likely expand a few options for various reputations.

So I'd certainly welcome a few additional items being added to several REPs for sure. Perhaps we'll see a slight revamp/revisions, updates, or new projects added to One over the course of a time. One we can at least hope?
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Somebody likes the Breen. I say yes to this. MORE reputations. I always want more stuff to do.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I think a Breen reputation would be...wait for it...pretty cool.
  • Options
    steaen wrote: »

Ice Pun
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I'm always for the game evolving with new things to do so it's not so stagnant, to bad the devs don't feel the same (and apparently some players)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Please no more reputations. I also don't want the game to be stagnant and to also have new things to do. I support revamping the offerings of the reputations we currently have and fixing bugs in regards to certain set pieces of said reputations.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    If they did add a new rep, I think they'd have to add at least a new TFO (maybe multiple TFOs) or even a battleground area, so that in addition to everything else, would make a new reputation a non-trivial task. On the other hand, with the new Tier 5 rep buyout option, a new rep could potentially generate some income. (And it's possible that's one of the reasons the T5 rep buyout was added.)

And having all energy types available for each rep would IMHO make the differences between the reputation weapons rather pointless. I do think it would be nice if they added some stuff to the really old reputations, like adding space weapons to Task Force Omega. And I really wish all the equipment boxes would drop XII gear.
  • Options
    If they did add a new rep, I think they'd have to add at least a new TFO (maybe multiple TFOs) or even a battleground area, so that in addition to everything else, would make a new reputation a non-trivial task. On the other hand, with the new Tier 5 rep buyout option, a new rep could potentially generate some income. (And it's possible that's one of the reasons the T5 rep buyout was added.)

And having all energy types available for each rep would IMHO make the differences between the reputation weapons rather pointless. I do think it would be nice if they added some stuff to the really old reputations, like adding space weapons to Task Force Omega. And I really wish all the equipment boxes would drop XII gear.

Going off what Edrick said, I think revamping the existing reputations as per my previous comment would also be a way of renewing interest in reputation, and making it more likely that people will buyout the reps. If you make all the things I mentioned available at t6 and create a t6 buyout, it would generate money.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm really over the entire reputation system thing. I'm sure more will be added at some point, but I'm glad for all the time between then and now.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    steaen wrote: »

Ice Pun

what a cold reception, I'll see myself out
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Please no more reputations. I also don't want the game to be stagnant and to also have new things to do. I support revamping the offerings of the reputations we currently have and fixing bugs in regards to certain set pieces of said reputations.

Which adds nothing to the game...most people don't even use rep weapons...I can't remember the last time I saw yellow polaron or rainbow antiproton weapons, why add things people aren't going to use?

I'll never understand how so many anti-mmo players play a mmo...it's like they don't want the game to advance and progress how every other mmo does.

No wonder the devs can get away with being so lazy, I guess the typical sto player likes being treated like garbage and doesn't want to do anything but watch the big numbers add up in the easiest tfo in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    lianthelia wrote: »

Which adds nothing to the game...most people don't even use rep weapons...I can't remember the last time I saw yellow polaron or rainbow antiproton weapons, why add things people aren't going to use?

I'll never understand how so many anti-mmo players play a mmo...it's like they don't want the game to advance and progress how every other mmo does.

No wonder the devs can get away with being so lazy, I guess the typical sto player likes being treated like garbage and doesn't want to do anything but watch the big numbers add up in the easiest tfo in the game.

Contrary to you, revamping the reputations would add more build diversity to the game. I and others are not against MMOs. I want the game to advance and progress just not the way you want it to progress and advance. The devs are not lazy and I don't think anyone likes to be treated like garbage.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

Perhaps the reason more people don't use rep weapons is because they are so limited. More versatility will mean more people including rep sets into their builds. If people can't create the build they want because of limitations of energy types in the weapon sets, those sets will get used less.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Meh. I'd rather see new stuff added to the ones we have. Like, say, Romulan and Jem'Hadar options for Task Force Omega? Presumably the Borg would still be a thing, somewhere.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    only..... and i mean only if i get frost grenades for my engineer.

Grenades are not part of the engineering kit. Maybe frost mortars, or a frost beam turret.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Quite aside from whether or not there should be a Breen-associated reputation, this thread seems as good a place as any to share some of my earlier, related musings. Specifically, the idea of a Breen ground set, and more cryonic ordinance.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2021
    Well technically the Breen were part of the Dominion. ;)

But I'd welcome revising or adding a few new items or projects to several REP's, for those fully mastered... Romulans have Reman items too, sadly just for Space and no Ground sets either.

Be nice if they gave a Cardassian Space Set, &/or perhaps others to several Reps as either Projects, or alternative ways.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options

Contrary to you, revamping the reputations would add more build diversity to the game. I and others are not against MMOs. I want the game to advance and progress just not the way you want it to progress and advance. The devs are not lazy and I don't think anyone likes to be treated like garbage.

What will it add? A bunch of new weapons almost no one will use? What build diversity when almost everyone stacks the same abilities?

Do you even play STO? You talk like you have no idea how the game works. I rarely see ANYONE use rep weapons...it's mostly just phaser or disruptor as those are the strongest. I never see anyone use yellow antiproton or green polaron...no lavender polaron or green phasers. But yes...adding more weapons that people wont use will add so much to the game as opposed to actual content! :D
  • Options

What will it add? A bunch of new weapons almost no one will use? What build diversity when almost everyone stacks the same abilities?

Do you even play STO? You talk like you have no idea how the game works. I rarely see ANYONE use rep weapons...it's mostly just phaser or disruptor as those are the strongest. I never see anyone use yellow antiproton or green polaron...no lavender polaron or green phasers. But yes...adding more weapons that people wont use will add so much to the game as opposed to actual content! :D

Speak for yourself. I almost exclusively use rep weapons, and I am fairly confident many other casual players like myself use rep weapons. Believe it or not, we casual players outnumber you high end, max DPS, all-our-builds-are-the-same players. Just because YOU don't want to increase the diversity and versatility of rep builds, does not mean that no one does.
  • Options

Speak for yourself. I almost exclusively use rep weapons, and I am fairly confident many other casual players like myself use rep weapons. Believe it or not, we casual players outnumber you high end, max DPS, all-our-builds-are-the-same players. Just because YOU don't want to increase the diversity and versatility of rep builds, does not mean that no one does.

LOL...I'm not even a min/maxer...I haven't even ran a single elite tfo ever.

I run normal or advanced depending on character gear and if I want the run to be super quick. Even in normal I don't see anyone using ANY of the rep weapons. So I'm sorry if I don't take the testimony of a single (biased) player against the thousands of tfos I've ran
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I run normal or advanced depending on character gear and if I want the run to be super quick. Even in normal I don't see anyone using ANY of the rep weapons. So I'm sorry if I don't take the testimony of a single (biased) player against the thousands of tfos I've ran

I'm curious about those herald staves everyone is running around with, are they part of the Iconian Rep?
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User

I'm curious about those herald staves everyone is running around with, are they part of the Iconian Rep?
    No, the Herald Staff is a Lobi Store weapon.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

It will add build diversity. How do you know that almost no one will use them if they were added? We already have had weapons added from lockboxes, missions, events, past reputations, etc. into the game. I do not stack the same abilities neither am I knowledgeable about such things at my current rate of development.

Yes, I do play STO and came to this game shortly after it became F2P and at one point I felt too overwhelmed to even begin the journey. I use the rep Romulan plasma beams on my Romulan character Ljun, who flies a Romulan Dyson ship. I also use fleet and other gear on my main tactical character. I started off with a cruiser and decided to move from that to an escort on him. I am a casual F2P player, still upgrading, and still learning. I play new missions on my main Fed, working on some accolades on my main (the Path to 2409 at Starfleet Academy, etc. Participate in TFOs if there is an event going on usually at Normal since I know my build is not where I want it to be and would not cut it for Advanced and Elite content. I have several toons, a tac Fed main, an eng Fed Delta Recruit, a sci TOS Temporal Recruit, a tac KDF, a tac Romulan, a tac DSC toon, a tac Fed'Hadar, and an eng Klingon Recruit. Since last time I did not create a Delta Recruit when it was rerun, I will create another KDF character for that and maybe in the future a Romulan. I do not play the meta, I play for fun and the Star Trek universe.

What do you mean I talk like I have no idea how the game works? Are you saying this just because I disagree with you on things? As for content, I am good with them adding more content such as missions, ships, etc. I just don't think a new reputation is the answer when we already have a lot of reputations or a new fleet holding when we have a lot of fleet holdings which is why I support reputations, fleet holding, and the Fleet system itself being revamped. I also support a revamp of the skill tree, a tailor revamp, and a ground revamp like they did in space with the bars. I also support optimization and making Lighting 2.0 work (see DS9 when under Lighting 1.0 when I constantly have to change my settings so I can see where I am going) instead of crashing a lot of time in space but usually not on ground. Finally, as for your motto, you are not showing me and garaffe any respect instead especially with me, it seems to always become a fight which I do not want it to be.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • Options
    I guess we are all expected to the play the game a certain way. I guess I will delete all my characters and make a bunch of Tacs, all with the same alpha strike build on every ship.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Well technically the Breen were part of the Dominion. ;)
    In which case, it is kind of surprising that they weren't mentioned in some capacity during the Gamma Quadrant arc; that would've been a convenient opportunity to delve into them a bit more.
    But I'd welcome revising or adding a few new items or projects to several REP's, for those fully mastered... Romulans have Reman items too, sadly just for Space and no Ground sets either.
    I also agree that some new rep projects would be a good idea. Devising cores to go with the space sets currently lacking such is one thing (there is precedent in the form of the Absolute Zero set), but one of the easier additions to the New Romulus rep would be a replica of S'harien's Sword (AKA Sword of the Raptor Star), and perhaps a ground set to go with it. Perhaps this set, like the space set, could have components in both Romulan and Reman flavors - in this case, each of the armors would unlock a different set of tailor options, and a rep project which in turn unlocks the other set (so instead of buying both armor variants, you'd buy one and put up some extra marks to unlock the alternate visuals).
    paradox wrote: »
    Since you brought that up, it reminds me again that the in-universe justification for lockboxes is shaky at best. For example, how is it that Vaadwaur-polaron ordinance can't be requisitioned from the Delta Alliance rep store, given that said organization is in hot contact with them regularly, and can easily recover them from battlefields? Continuing the example, imagine if these were unlocked along with their thoron-infused polaron counterparts as you climbed the rep track, and waiting at T6 would be the ability to craft them yourself. To supplement this, I would again put forward for consideration the idea that all ships that have spcecially-flavored weapons as their 'canon' loadout come with the abiilty to requisition said weapons from the dilithium store, using the same rules as Andorian phasers or spiral-wave disruptors.
This discussion has been closed.