test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Cloaking and Saucer Separation Console Change

Currently, certain ships (Ex: Legendary Galaxy Dreadnought) come with consoles that allow special abilities but are unique to those class ships. This includes saucer separation, cloaking, antimatter spread, and so forth.

Please consider making these executable abilities instead of consoles on the ships. These unique abilities make the ship unique, but require console slots, which take away from our established builds. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    justing#8867 justing Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    yeah, unique consoles take up valuable space for builds, but this gives a unmatched advantage to those ships (like the galaxy dreadnought). For example, the crossfield has a unique spore jump console, but it isn't ship specific (but it kinda should be), now for the dreadnought to have all consoles free for a build, and have separation, cloak and antimatter spread. But the crossfield has to sit with one less console slot for a build with no executable ability, it's kinda not fair for the crossfield...

This isn't me hating on your comment, but it is gonna be a little unfair. Your idea isn't too bad though :)
  • Options
    runrhino15runrhino15 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @justing#8867 said:
    > yeah, unique consoles take up valuable space for builds, but this gives a unmatched advantage to those ships (like the galaxy dreadnought). For example, the crossfield has a unique spore jump console, but it isn't ship specific (but it kinda should be), now for the dreadnought to have all consoles free for a build, and have separation, cloak and antimatter spread. But the crossfield has to sit with one less console slot for a build with no executable ability, it's kinda not fair for the crossfield...
    >
    > This isn't me hating on your comment, but it is gonna be a little unfair. Your idea isn't too bad though :)

If the abilities give unique and unfair advantages in PVP (I'm assuming you're alluding to PVP), then there are three options: increase the cooldown, limited the number of uses, or completely disable certain ones for PVP.

I mainly stick with PVE content. I enjoy these abilities, but I find myself never using them because they mess with my builds. I'm sure many have felt the same.
  • Options
    justing#8867 justing Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Actually not a bad idea :)
    The cool down time increase is a good solution, and the disable of a few abilities.
    I'm also mostly PvE, but sometimes I fly with friend on missions, and if there ships are more powerful, it wouldn't be that fun. But I see and like the point you made, I wouldn't mind this change ;)