test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remain Klingon / Remain Fed

13»

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    According to Dax, the Klingon male pictured was the most honorable Klingon ever. Pretty sure it's okay for Klingons to pilot Starfleet ships and keep their honor intact.

kehleyr.jpg

IIRC Worf was raised as human, and spent the rest of his life trying to atone for it..
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I hate the idea of a feddybear flying a KDF ship, I REALLY hate the idea.

I hate the op's patronising gatekeeping even more however.

There are examples in canon where a Fed could command a KDF ship and vice versa. Exchange programs, prizes of war, outright piracy etc.

I agree. if the Feds (or KDF) managed to capture and restore the opposing ships, they would be idiots to NOT use them as Opposing forces in wargames.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    There are examples in canon where a Fed could command a KDF ship and vice versa. Exchange programs, prizes of war, outright piracy etc.

not wanting to start a word war, but where is this presented? and if so, exchange programs dont last the full career of any officer for either faction.
    prizes and piracy are different and i still dont recall a KDF captain keeping the ship, let alone a fed cpt either. so if you mean orion or another subfaction, id like to know where these are presented and used.

again, not to start a word war, but i am genuinely curious since i cant recall anything to support your position.

:: cough :: Star Trek 4 :: cough ::
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    only cause they crashed it
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I really hate it when people try to paint all klingons into the same one dimentional group.

Always someone going "The Klingons would never be allies with the Federation! They should only be war!" or something similar... But given that the Federation and Klingons haven't been at real big war for a long time in the current time the game takes place.
    The Klingons and Federation have been more at peace/ceasefire/allied in the existense of Star Trek for me, than they have been at war. Ever since the Khitomer Conference after the Klingon moon Praxis exploded.
    The same agreement/alliance that only really broke twice for a TINY bit of time... first time shortly in DS9 due to Gowron wanting more direct action against the Cardassians and Dominion, and the Federation was waiting trying something else... and then later again ingame shortly due to the Undine infiltration and the dishonorable J'mpok taking control of the empire.

Isn't it more dishonorable for klingons to suddenly abandon their allies and friends again without a real reason. How can they Remain Klingons with such dishonor?

Anyway back to the ships talk...
    Yeah they used eachothers ship shortly in the past... either stolen or borrowed. Only until they could get a replacement from their own faction or was forced to return it, but back then they either weren't allied or as strongly allied at those times.

The current Alliance is a stronger peace agreement between the two. Which opens up more options between the two. Such as flying ships... but still no access to eachothers faction home bases for some reason??? Come on give my Klingon ESD access!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Romulans are traitors by nature, so it's no surprise they work both sides of the fence.
    <SARCASM OFF>

I resent that. Romulans are NEVER traitors...well, hardly ever. Except for him, *points at Alidar Jarok* who defected to the FEDs...and HIM, *points at Hakeev* who sold us out to the Iconians...and HER *points at Sela* the half-breed idiot whose inane schemes did more to damage the Star Empire's prestige than the Hobus disaster and resulting diaspora did...or THOSE GUYS *points to the entire Romulan Republic* who rebelled and seceded from the Star Empire...

Huh. Ok, you got me. Fair point. *Shrugs and returns to his cabin for a nice dinner of sauteed Jumbo Molusc and a bottle of vintage Kali Fal*.
    According to Dax, the Klingon male pictured was the most honorable Klingon ever. Pretty sure it's okay for Klingons to pilot Starfleet ships and keep their honor intact.

kehleyr.jpg

*Pops back out of his flag cabin.* Him? You mean the guy who got his butt kicked by every semi-hostile alien the Enterprise D met (including at least 1 Ferengi)? And who was stripped of his honour more times than most Klingons have eaten live Gagh? So often, in fact, that he is listed in K'Guiness' Book of KDF Records under "Most Discommendations". That guy? Really? ;)

Huh. OK, if you say so. *Shrugs and returns to cabin for an Ossol Twist dessert*.

Man, I'm grateful for my Chef and Bartender DOFFs!
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    > @annemarie30 said:
    > only cause they crashed it

The universe's way of saying it wasn't meant to be.

They most likely still salvaged and analyzed the wreck tho, so it's still kind of a win.

And also... STO is FULL of players using faction-inappropriate ships. It all started with the Galor in 2012, so what's the big deal with KDF and UFP using the others vessels? Considering RRF- and JHV-ships having been cross-faction for a while now, it really shouldn't matter.

Klingons can have Defiants now, and I bet Martok would very much approve.

Worf could now serve on Vor'cha commissioned by Starfleet if he was to get tired of being an ambassador.

Big deal, especially since the alliance-thing has been forshadowed since before 2016.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    > @annemarie30 said:
    > only cause they crashed it

The universe's way of saying it wasn't meant to be.

They most likely still salvaged and analyzed the wreck tho, so it's still kind of a win.

And also... STO is FULL of players using faction-inappropriate ships. It all started with the Galor in 2012, so what's the big deal with KDF and UFP using the others vessels? Considering RRF- and JHV-ships having been cross-faction for a while now, it really shouldn't matter.

Klingons can have Defiants now, and I bet Martok would very much approve.

Worf could now serve on Vor'cha commissioned by Starfleet if he was to get tired of being an ambassador.

Big deal, especially since the alliance-thing has been forshadowed since before 2016.

Immersion. How many times have I warped into an STF and looked right and left to not see a single Fed-brand saucer or winged terror of the Klingon or Romulan empires? I stopped counting.
This discussion has been closed.