test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beam overload suggested change! Dynamic bonus.

aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
I think they changed beam overload from a single beam to lots of beams(which had previously been lots of beams.). How about making it so it scales If you have a single beam it gets a certain amount of damage per beam. IE. it changes the bonus with the number of applicable attacks. If you have more than one it adjusts the bonus to scale.

This would work with things like the proton based proc-able cannon and other multi fire mods weapons. Preferably dynamically to their ability to use the skill. If applicable.

Beam overload I,II,III bonus:(skill still fires half as often.)

Example:(only examples)(*x=bonus per beam)
1 BO I: 20x (20x total), BO II: 25x (25x total), BO III: 30x (30x total)
2 BO I: 10x (20x total), BO II: 12.5x (25x total), BO III: 15x (30x total)
3 BO I: 8x (24x total), BO II: 9.5x[*9] (28.5x[*27] total), BO III: 11x[*10] (33x[*30] total)
4 BO I: 6x (24x total), BO II: 7x (28x total), BO III: 8x (32x total)
5-6 BO I: 4x (20-24x total), BO II: 4.75x[*4.5] (23.75-28.5x[*22.5-27] total), BO III: 5.5x[*5] (27.5-33x[*25-30] total)
7-8 BO I: 3x (21-24x total), BO II: 3.5x (24.5-28x total), BO III: 4x (28-32x total)
*If too powerful use this alternatively.

This makes the damage scale per beam and keep an approximate total damage. This also gives it a total higher damage of 20-32x approximate damage per shot.

Then various beam overload doffs and bonuses could either scale with it or naturally be good for more or less beam based attacks. The shield pen ability skill for instance could either scale the chance based on the number of beams or simply be better with more beams present.

This would also allow varied forward vs side firing builds. In total it would give more usage to beam overload and allow a mix of all previous potential builds.

They could also add old proc combos back in. But make them take energy per proc chance. So a single proc chance only takes normal energy. Where multi proc adds more energy per volley. This could add +1 energy per shot per proc chance over the first. then each volley adds more. And you could add more combos with less than the whole adding more attacks. Say if you only proc potentially on every other attack or other patterns. If we had more control this could be something any ship can modify to it's ideal level with use of any skill. This would allow extreme customization. So, then instead of needing all 3 doffs for said shield pen proc. You could invest in or sacrifice energy in order to gain proc chance until you have the desired amount allowing all variations to exist. 15 seconds of endless beam proc could use extra weapons energy to gain virtual permanent shield pen proc with less max damage but overall damage custom to each build. Then all builds are more viable and fun. And you can choose which variation of boffs and energy you wish to use.
Post edited by aftulus on