test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So whatever happened to the "ANY" lockbox ship reward?

124»

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I'm sorry this grind is a lot more for less. I'm taking a pass and waiting for the Summer event
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    I'm sorry this grind is a lot more for less. I'm taking a pass and waiting for the Summer event

/eyeroll

It was 1000 lobi crystals or a single free T6 coupon last year. This year, it's 1500 lobi crystals, 2 T6 coupons, or a Lockbox/Promo ship of your choice for one character. So for a *single* event more, you are getting a minimum of 50% more value out of it.

And you're complaining that it's not good enough. So I take it you sat out last year's meta too, right??

They changed the blog and it says that its per account unlock...

"
    Option 1:

Any Infinity Promo or Infinity Lock Box T6 Ship
    This ship will be a once per account unlock, for a single ship only.
    "
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

lol.. yeah, because the events are so hard right :lol:

It's fine though.. you enjoy your 'pass' the rest of us will happily take such a generous reward.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    christian#8503 christian Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It may be just be me, but it would be awesome to be able to obtain the legendary Kelvin Timeline Intel Battlecruiser. In fact, I think it would be even better if the 10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle was available again. Unfortunately I only started playing STO this year so I never had a chance to get the bundle. But after taking a look at what the bundle had to offer, it had a lot of nostalgic ships that I would have loved to fly! I hope they bring it back again!
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    robynkate wrote: »
    "
    Option 1:

"
    The wording regarding the Infinity or Lockbox ship is so precise it ended up being awkward...

The lockbox/promo ship option is a single ship for a single character hence the "once per account unlock, for a single ship only".

The Lobi crystals would be bound to account with any item purchased being bound to character.

The two Tier 6 ship coupons would be for Z-store ships available to all characters account wide.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I;m one of this game's biggest critics when it comes to the bias and mistreatment against the KDF player base.

However I can only praise cryptic for this mega-event. It is FAR better than last years (which was excellent for the value) and for the casual players like me it's the only way we'll get one of these lockbox/promo ships and I welcome it whole heartedly!

For once, good job cryptic!
  • Options
    kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    "
    Option 1:

"
    The wording regarding the Infinity or Lockbox ship is so precise it ended up being awkward...

The lockbox/promo ship option is a single ship for a single character hence the "once per account unlock, for a single ship only".

The Lobi crystals would be bound to account with any item purchased being bound to character.

The two Tier 6 ship coupons would be for Z-store ships available to all characters account wide.

The in game description seems to strongly indicate that the lockbox/promo ship will be account bound.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    kibi#8855 wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »
    "
    Option 1:

"

The in game description seems to strongly indicate that the lockbox/promo ship will be account bound.
    The box it comes in will be account bound but is a "once per account unlock, for a single ship only".

You'd have to transfer the box to the desired character via your account bank (or claim it on the desired character) and then open the box and select your choice of ship.

You can do this once per account for a single ship that would be bound to a single character.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It may be just be me, but it would be awesome to be able to obtain the legendary Kelvin Timeline Intel Battlecruiser. In fact, I think it would be even better if the 10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle was available again. Unfortunately I only started playing STO this year so I never had a chance to get the bundle. But after taking a look at what the bundle had to offer, it had a lot of nostalgic ships that I would have loved to fly! I hope they bring it back again!

The 10th anniversary bundle will almost certainly come back at least once this year, for example for Black Friday or Christmas/New Years.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Like the Voyager J is has shown, it's worded like that because they intend to release power ships that they want you to spend money on...you think they were going to give you a free promo ship without pushing the power creep beyond what was offered?

This is greedy Cryptic, it's always one step forward five steps back
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I look at it as Cryptic has to designate a "line in the sand" somewhere or some determined date & time for the prizes.

I think that's reasonable given the plethora of options that this campaigned T6 Promo prize still offers.

The only improvements I can see Cryptic do with this campaign is make the T6 Promo prize box account-wide just to lessen the potential of it being opened accidently right after completing on the wrong character (not even sure if that's not already how it is).

& also maybe making the 2 T6 Store ship coupons those "gift" type just for more options.

This is all so far down the proverbial road perhaps that's why I'm not getting too excited nor worried about it overall.

This discussion has been closed.