test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are all 6 ship slots in the anniversary bundle pushed onto ONE captain?

tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
This makes no sense to me at all.

If I wanted to buy the anniversary bundle, I would probably be getting the ships for a variety of my captains. No one captain would be flying ALL of the ships I get. So why should one captain get all the ship slots?

Wouldn't it be much more useful to spread them out? Let me give 3 captains 2 additional slots each and now we are getting somewhere.

Is this intended? If so, why?

Is it because of the "bug" that consumed all of the ship slot coupons people had in their inventory last year? I still have no resolution on my ticket for that one and it has been over 7 months now. (https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1259026/what-should-i-do-when-support-cant-help)

If they need to do this because they can't fix the bug, then take ship slots out of the bundles altogether. Reduce the cost by 1500 zen and let people then buy their own slots where they want.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Why not just make it 6 account-bound coupons that can be move from character to character through the account bank, and when used, grant one active ship slot.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    garaffe wrote: »
    Why not just make it 6 account-bound coupons that can be move from character to character through the account bank, and when used, grant one active ship slot.

Because that was what they did last year (10 slots granted as 5 2-slot coupons) and then a bug ate the coupons.

It should be done that way, though, so I have to figure they can't fix the bug and just went with one character getting all the slots no matter how little sense it makes.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    tagen wrote: »
    Because that was what they did last year (10 slots granted as 5 2-slot coupons) and then a bug ate the coupons.

They weren't "eaten" per se. Some players had the issue of the coupons "auto"-applying for some reason. They still received the slots.

I still have one of those 2-slot-coupons in my account-bank to this day.

Only a minority of players was affected by this though. I still have one of those 2-slot-coupons in my account-bank to this day.

Go ahead and put it in regular inventory, see how long it lasts. If the bug is still around, they probably don't want more players like me out there sending in tickets asking for a solution they are unwilling to provide.
    Go ahead and put it in regular inventory, see how long it lasts.

I deliberately moved that coupon around a few times a few months ago, had different toons carry it in a rotating fashion, and it's still there.
    edited February 2021

They weren't "eaten" per se. Some players had the issue of the coupons "auto"-applying for some reason. They still received the slots.

Saying the players this happened to don't deserve any resolution or compensation because they "received the slots" is a bit disingenuous, though, no? They did not necessarily get them on any of the characters they might have wanted and there was zero indication or warning that they couldn't just hold onto the coupons until needed.

If I order one of those giant sub sandwiches to be delivered and feed 5 people, then the delivery service feeds the whole thing to the family dog instead, surely that would be a problem, right? Even though someone in the house did "receive" the food. :p
    edited February 2021
    Saying the players this happened to don't deserve any resolution or compensation because they "received the slots" is a bit disingenuous, though, no?

I'm just saying that it didn't happen to all that many people, actually.

IMO, affected players should have gotten those coupons refunded, but frankly I wouldn't ask for that kind of account-surgery. Removing stuff like slots can damage other stuff.
    Saying the players this happened to don't deserve any resolution or compensation because they "received the slots" is a bit disingenuous, though, no?

I'm just saying that it didn't happen to all that many people, actually.

IMO, affected players should have gotten those coupons refunded, but frankly I wouldn't ask for that kind of account-surgery. Removing stuff like slots can damage other stuff.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I'm not sure I can say how many people were affected since Cryptic never said a word about it publicly and there were some who only found out when they saw threads on the forum or reddit. There could be people who had it happen and still don't know because they had the coupons on an alt and have not yet needed to use them.

I don't think Cryptic she do any account surgery as a fix. (Look what happens with normal patches, I don't want those scalpels anywhere near me! ;) )

It was their error one way or another, so affected players should either have coupons sent to characters they choose or, better, given enough ZEN to buy the coupons from the store on the characters they choose. Leave the 10 wherever the bug opened them. In my situation, they aren't very useful there anyway, so effectively I haven't gained much from them.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea it mostly best to use the slots on your newest character, perhaps your Recruit...
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea it mostly best to use the slots on your newest character, perhaps your Recruit...

The recruit is probably my character that needs the slots the least at the moment. It would be nice to be able to save two of the slots if needed for later, though, so I still think all 6 on one character is more likely than not a waste in many cases.
This discussion has been closed.