test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DSC Klingons - Good Start

I want to start by emphasizing that I don't want this to sound ungrateful. I appreciate the Discovery-styled Klingons coming to the game, I enjoy the new skin color options, the hairstyles mixing with the other new hair options for TNG Klingons. They do look cool! I immediately rolled one for my KDF Recruit, no regrets.

But I'm also hoping this is a starting point and not the end. If we go back to the beginning of The Vulcan Hello, as T'kuvma addresses all of the gathered warriors, and in several other scenes where multiple Klingon Houses come together, you can see a really wide variety of Forehead Ridges. Right now, there's the horizontal set being used for J'ula, Akar, and other NPC Mo'kai in the STO Episodes. Conversely on Discovery, there's a lot more patterns even looking at just the first forehead spot, including the speakers from Houses Kor and D'Ghor. Further variation shows up when you look at the sides of heads, rear of cranium (Season 1 before the hair came back), and ear and nose details.

The other thing that's somewhat noticeable is that the sliders for Head Features are tuned very small on DSC Klingons in game. I get it, they shouldn't have the full range of the Alien sliders, but right now, there's a fair amount of Same-Face going on in-game. When my character meets with other DSC Klingons, they'd look pretty similar to the others were it not for the one thing I did to try set it off, by turning my scar's intensity up to max.

Again, a Big Thank You to the artists and the work done so far! Hoping to see more soon!
Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!