test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Starfleet, you Klingons....

124»

Comments

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Everyone here's talking like this is Praxis 2, but the reception in game and on other sites is mostly positive. I can think of one ship buy I have minor regrets over (bought Arbiter with Zen only for the trait, after getting a charity bundle Kurak) but otherwise I'm fascinated by my possible play combinations once this goes live.

I don't see many new possibilities as someone who has typically tried to buy the multifaction packs or at least Romulan ships to open traits and ships for both sides of my character list. The only real benefit I see from this is that my KDF have access to some of the Fed legendary ships and their T5 traits originally only from box versions, like the NX or the Crossfield. Other than that, nothing changes with this.

Basicly "Enjoy the YoK hand out, this wraps up any effort on Klingons."

Next year will be a Picard themed "Year of the Romulans"

Then it's nothing but fed content till the game wraps up. Dominion have already been forgotten.

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    as American as apple pie.

???

Apple Pie originated in England... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_pie

So did America...

:D
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    So what would happen with the fate of the KDF faction? I know it is not completely scratched out but limping along a cliff? Certainly it is a point of no return from its glory days. Why even redo some of the older KDF episodes?

I do not get is why in the world they made a theme "Year of the Klingon" when they knew perfectly well this was going to be starting to merge with FED.

Should not this new KDF recruitment be called just "FED recruitment" event instead. I will make some new recruits and probably will be great for a very short time. However, after a while what gives....go back to FED? Certainly this is a DEAD end to be a KDF.

So I guess we go with a BANG after this last recruitment event.

Exactly...why made a whole recruitment based on a faction that is now merged with FEDs?
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    We're all here together facing threats from beyond the galaxy and beyond our dimension. And from alternate timelines in between. These threats are common to both the UFP and KDF. Unity is survival. Again, all roads lead to the alliance and away from division. That is the most star trek element the game has embraced. Certainly the most IDIC-oriented element.
    Klingon-oriented, too. As Kang said in "Day of the Dove", "Only a fool fights in a burning house."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    We're all here together facing threats from beyond the galaxy and beyond our dimension. And from alternate timelines in between. These threats are common to both the UFP and KDF. Unity is survival. Again, all roads lead to the alliance and away from division. That is the most star trek element the game has embraced. Certainly the most IDIC-oriented element.
    Klingon-oriented, too. As Kang said in "Day of the Dove", "Only a fool fights in a burning house."

The lenghts you guys are willing to go to justify the death of a faction because that faction is not your preferred one, I swear...

"IDIC-oriented", "Klingon-oriented"... ROFL.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.