test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make it So

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
As the Star Trek franchise enters its 55th year, we are witnessing a renaissance of the universe it presents to us, with new and continuing modern shows continuing to air, each exploring more and more strange new worlds, and occasionally giving us a look at the continuing missions of characters that we fans may consider something akin to old friends. The Lock Box that will be releasing alongside Star Trek Online’s 11th Anniversary celebrates just one such mission, by pulling inspiration from the technology and stories seen during the adventures of the retired Admiral Jean-Luc Picard and the eclectic collection of characters found aboard La Sirena.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483163-make-it-so
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Personalized Spatial Trajector

Activate to undertake a sudden jump through local space. This will instantly move you in the direction of whatever you currently have targeted. If nothing is targeted, you move instead straight forward in the direction currently you are currently facing.

Teleport 10m toward targeted Foe (or forward if no Foe is selected)
    Holds 3 Charges, recovers one Charge each 6 sec
    Per charge used, gain a stacking bonus to Dodge % for 8sec

This looks a bit ridiculous. Being able to move 30 metres every 6 seconds?

I hope they'll at least but the user in Red Alert or it will be even harder to get a V-rex in the battlezone if you're not camping, for example.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Whats going with Cryptic? This box seems really bad or probably one of the worst ever. The pit bulls are probably the best thing around. Really no more vision for STO?
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    Whats going with Cryptic? This box seems really bad or probably one of the worst ever. The pit bulls are probably the best thing around. Really no more vision for STO?

Well, with the Inquiry, Borg stuff and things like Seven's weapons having already been added previously, they probably didn't have all that much to work with.

Androids were perhaps one thing that featured prominently and are still absent from the game - but that may be due to having to pay the actors if they'd wanted to include those as Boffs or something.

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Androids were perhaps one thing that featured prominently and are still absent from the game - but that may be due to having to pay the actors if they'd wanted to include those as Boffs or something.
    Cryptic has been fighting a stupid battle with CBS over androids for years.

There was a point, before ViL came out, that Cryptic planned to create a system that would allow players to promote BOFFs into playable captains, so they could get species like Jem'Hadar, Breen, and Androids, playable. The idea was nixed because CBS vetoed the use of playable androids since they wanted to keep Data's accomplishments in Starfleet unique.

Now we've got a planet populated by soong-type androids under federation protection. The Soong-type android is now a race. It's been a few years on the timeline since the events of Picard... Surely, some of this rqace have joined Starfleet with many more to follow..

So CBS has in effect rendered its own reason for nixing playable androids moot.

Picard takes place right before the 25th century...Androids were banned...technically the still could be banned or in very limited use in 2410 for all we know. So there is your plausible deniability if CBS doesn't want it...

Plus you could just RP a synthetic organic...
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    We also don't know what will happen in Picard season 2. (That is due to start filming next month).
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    If those new disruptors sound like the Snakehead's guns, I'll be all over them:
    (skip to 26 second mark; seem the embed didn't take)
    https://youtu.be/V02p5_JoAzA?t=26
    They've been on my wishlist since I saw this scene.

As for the ship itself, it sounds like a Romulan version of the Engle/Sech. Command seat feels very 'been there;done that' and the Sech already has battlecloak(and a warpcore, which I generally find preferable to singcores). I imagine it'll come with Snakehead hangar pets, maybe even in squadron form, but I can't really be excited by them when it's not an account-wide unlock.

The duality of the other gimmicks of this box is interesting. Not sure how hard the kit modules hit, but they seem fairly flavorful if you're after a theme-build.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    "Blue Skies (Space Trait)" is another confirmation to just focus on Tac captains, who can double up well with GDF, nice sustained healing from extra damage out, and up to +200% flight speed and turn rate.

Nice to see a warbird with a bit of Rom focus, even if it's another Tac ship.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    szerontzur wrote: »

As for the ship itself, it sounds like a Romulan version of the Engle/Sech. Command seat feels very 'been there;done that' and the Sech already has battlecloak(and a warpcore, which I generally find preferable to singcores). I imagine it'll come with Snakehead hangar pets, maybe even in squadron form, but I can't really be excited by them when it's not an account-wide unlock.

The duality of the other gimmicks of this box is interesting. Not sure how hard the kit modules hit, but they seem fairly flavorful if you're after a theme-build.

Kinda a letdown to be honest (especially since command specialization is a letdown)...it describes the ship as aggressive and agile, would have been a perfect time to make this ship the first ship with a hangar and full pilot specialization,
    lianthelia wrote: »

Kinda a letdown to be honest (especially since command specialization is a letdown)...it describes the ship as aggressive and agile, would have been a perfect time to make this ship the first ship with a hangar and full pilot specialization,

To be fair, I think Command Spec pairs fairly decently with hangars(Overwhelm Emitters and Concentrate Firepower). That said, I would have expected it to be Intel instead(considering, you know, super-secret Romulan organization and all that). We don't really have a Miracle Worker or Temporal SWE at this point either.

The idea of a Full Pilot Spec SWE makes me chuckle a little bit.. the poor pilots would need a vomit filtration system if they ever tried to launch during Pilot Maneuvers. Forget about trying to land during them. (I could see it as an automated attack-drone carrier though.)

To be fair, I think Command Spec pairs fairly decently with hangars(Overwhelm Emitters and Concentrate Firepower). That said, I would have expected it to be Intel instead(considering, you know, super-secret Romulan organization and all that). We don't really have a Miracle Worker or Temporal SWE at this point either.

The idea of a Full Pilot Spec SWE makes me chuckle a little bit.. the poor pilots would need a vomit filtration system if they ever tried to launch during Pilot Maneuvers. Forget about trying to land during them. (I could see it as an automated attack-drone carrier though.)

I'm just thinking in general and not going by specific classes of ship with hangars...if you want to be technical this is the only SWE that has a full specialization so it's hard to really say what about it. But we've had plenty of ships with Hangars that have had intel or command specialization before...some with temporal and a few with miracle worker. But never one with pilot specialization...

I'm just thinking in general and not going by specific classes of ship with hangars...if you want to be technical this is the only SWE that has a full specialization so it's hard to really say what about it. But we've had plenty of ships with Hangars that have had intel or command specialization before...some with temporal and a few with miracle worker. But never one with pilot specialization...

I honestly wonder if there is a technical issue with launching/retrieving hangar pets during pilot maneuvers. What happens to the launching process if you speeeen during the middle of it? Where do/would the fighters eject from and at what angle? I have no idea how it functions under the hood compared to stuff like Rock and Rock to use as a potential test sample.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I am looking forward to some more details about the ship, but frankly, I am not a fan of the aethetic. Not to mention, I have not clue how I will scrape together enough EC to buy one.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I figure Cryptic has to do Picard stuff (or its a low hanging fruit of content), but I have zero interest in anything related to either horrible CBS All Access show. I will be happy when those shows are officially cancelled.
    "Blue Skies (Space Trait)" is another confirmation to just focus on Tac captains, who can double up well with GDF, nice sustained healing from extra damage out, and up to +200% flight speed and turn rate.

Nice to see a warbird with a bit of Rom focus, even if it's another Tac ship.

Ahmen. At least it isn't a promo box like the *gags* inquiry class.
    duasyn wrote: »
    I figure Cryptic has to do Picard stuff (or its a low hanging fruit of content), but I have zero interest in anything related to either horrible CBS All Access show. I will be happy when those shows are officially cancelled.

im not a huge fan of them, there are certainly things that i dislike, but also many things i have liked.

it would be fun to get a main coon cat, an attack butterfly (even though the picard ones didnt attack), (we are able to get a bull dog soon - not that i have pets unless they are combat pets), i was iffy on the disco uniforms, but have come to like them enough i have them on a toon. the picard uniforms are nice (if those are in the game, i cant recall the name if they are, and if not, then i am thinking of something else.)

i like the newest disco uniforms. i still am not a huge fan of the ship, but it has also grown on me. the thing i do like is the fast warp in and out sound and look. the poof with that small sound is fun. ive never liked the long drawn out effect most used. less the OS series.

i dislike the comm-badges that have the rank on them. never liked them, and never will. i dislike most of the story line in disco. picard was ok, and hopefully s2 will be better.

its been difficult to get involved in any characters in either show really. so with that, ive taken bits and pieces from them i like and tossed the rest.

I've found few characters to be likable. Hugh Culber was one of the few exceptions. Tilly, Pike and Jett Reno are interesting too, but that's it for me really.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    So the fed only ship from the series get a must have trait and the one with the Romulan design that everyone can use gets this worthless trait...nice. The ship looks okay,,,but not really Romulan. The skin texture is mostly why I think.

Yea, the ship doesn't look Romulan at all.
    What is very funny btw, is how they're just going to release another vanity shield without fixing the whole thing first.

This discussion has been closed.