test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would adding some new elements or décor to fleet bases be worth it?

mtgraves83mtgraves83 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I see lots of players post pics and player created stories online of their STO characters and ships. Would it be worth the Devs time to breath some new life into the fleet bases, Fleet Starbase, Outpost, Dilithium Asteroid, etc?

Adding new décor
- Would this give fleet members something new to do/ work for away from the TFO grind?
- Would some new upgrades make stopping by your fleet bases more often worth it?
- What kind of additional décor would players like to see?

Addition new elements
- Would giving your fleet bases new level tiers and level rewards be worth it to players?
- Would having a few more game mechanics available at your fleet bases make hanging out at these places worth it?
- Would being able to que TFOs from you fleet bases and actually being returned to this location after the TFO is completed make going to your fleet bases and hanging out there less tedious?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not an escalator!!!

www.101stsovereignfleet.yolasite.com
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2021
    I'd love to see all Holdings get 1 last Exterior/Interior Modernization project to slot; but it's probably not high on the radar. I don't think I'd extend existing Fleet Holdings, yet be open to slight Modernization, since it's been years since some were last upgraded or modernized.

What I've long wished they'd do with Faction Interior's, at least for the 3 room's each Captain visits: Ready Room, Ten-Forward, or Captain's Quarters... ...is to extend the Trophy Mechanic for Floor Items, or Wall Items, beyond just Trophies. It could include a wide variety of things from Chairs, Sofas, Desks/Stations, Area Rugs, Artifacts, Musical Instruments, Wall Lights, Furniture/Beds, to countless other things. If they allowed Zen, Lobi, or GPL & Dilithium to each acquire different Trophies or Items -- that could be placed (mutlple) times into each area or region. This could also be done in a few rooms of the Starbase, or other Holdings too; but sadly doubt they'd do this.

Still I've long realized this likely won't happen, just think it be cool if it did. Though we might see another Fleet Holding in time. I won't say never on that...
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    mtgraves83 wrote: »
    I see lots of players post pics and player created stories online of their STO characters and ships. Would it be worth the Devs time to breath some new life into the fleet bases, Fleet Starbase, Outpost, Dilithium Asteroid, etc?
    From what I've heard fleet holdings are quite labor intensive for devs to create so probably not. The work they already did is very nice and appreciated though.
    Adding new décor - Would this give fleet members something new to do/ work for away from the TFO grind?
    The thing is it's not really something to do/ work towards as all the previous decor options were just a straight one shot dilithium cost. There's not much romance in refining dilthium and then giving 100% of it to fleet projects, for years. Ditto for backfilling hundreds of doffs per day to flip projects.

Even if they did make new upgrades take a mix of EC, Fleet Marks, XP, and doffs like the traditional non-Colony holdings it would be a stretch in the current century for a fleet member to actually go to a starbase and re-invest some of their Fleet Credits into common doffs for standard projects let alone actually know how to do it. Even for the occasional provisioning project this is a stretch.
    Would some new upgrades make stopping by your fleet bases more often worth it?
    Unfortunately no imho. If anything I'd like a final small upgrade that would make all fleet holding assets available from any public space that has a bank and exchange via a similar user interface. Having to commute to the office is so 20th century and is time consuming and environmentally unfriendly. Online shopping is in. Let's bring our holdings into the current century.
    Addition new elements
    - Would giving your fleet bases new level tiers and level rewards be worth it to players?
    Probably not. Sell me power via the C-store and exchange, please.
    - Would having a few more game mechanics available at your fleet bases make hanging out at these places worth it?
    There is one thing they did that was fun and challenging. The Colony Invasion Scenarios. I think STO really needs something fun and challenging for players to focus on once in a while (but minus the dilithium costs with a real dollar equivalent of buying a used car).
    - Would being able to que TFOs from you fleet bases and actually being returned to this location after the TFO is completed make going to your fleet bases and hanging out there less tedious?
    They don't want you to be able to park yourself at a fleet holding, but in a public space instead so that you can help populate it.

I apologize if I sound a bit jaded. It's a been there and done that (too many times over too many years) sort of thing. I do like re-investing my hundreds of millions worth of Fleet Credits into fleet combat boosts though, and of course I speak only for myself :smile:
This discussion has been closed.