test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did they ever fix the "Omega Particle Tech Upgrade [Quality]" upgrades to carry over past one mark?

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
Did they ever fix the "Omega Particle Tech Upgrade [Quality]" percentage to carry over when going past one mark in a single upgrade? Like applying it to a Mk II item followed by a large upgrade (in Tech Points, such as a standard Omega). A single standard upgrade plus a Quality booster in the second slot continues having boosted quality until it runs out Tech Points to gain Mark, but the "Omega Particle Tech Upgrade [Quality]" additional rarity chance seems to disappear completely (by Mk III in that example), at least last time I tried it.

I've gone through all my Omega Fragments and can't make any ATM to test.

Edit: Clarity-ish.

Previous discussion from last year: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13570859
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The rarity increase chance has always reset to 0% if the item is below Mk 15. It only carries over if the item is at Mk 15 and the roll to increase its rarity lands on failure.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    sci321 wrote: »
    The rarity increase chance has always reset to 0% if the item is below Mk 15. It only carries over if the item is at Mk 15 and the roll to increase its rarity lands on failure.

I mean if there are tech points remaining enough to roll it to the next mark, like when you apply a standard Omega Upgrade to a Mark II item it will still have enough Tech Points to go for several Marks, and the percentage for the Rarity upgrade chance carries over to what it would be if applied to that Mark of item (instead of II).
  • Options
    sci321sci321 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Your grammar is making it hard to understand what you're talking about. Here's what I'm able to discern through it.
    1. You have an item that's almost ready to upgrade.
    2. You apply a tech upgrade with a rarity chance multiplier and enough tech points to carry the item through multiple upgrades.
    3. The rarity chance multiplier is only applied to the first upgrade.
    Is this what you mean?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    sci321 wrote: »
    Your grammar is making it hard to understand what you're talking about. Here's what I'm able to discern through it.
    1. You have an item that's almost ready to upgrade.
    2. You apply a tech upgrade with a rarity chance multiplier and enough tech points to carry the item through multiple upgrades.
    3. The rarity chance multiplier is only applied to the first upgrade.
    Is this what you mean?

For a Omega Particle Tech Upgrade [Quality] applied along side a standard upgrade, yes, that was what happened last I tried. For a standard upgrade, the rarity/quality chance is applied for each upgraded Mark until it stops to where it requires another upgrade to continue.

Apologies for the weirdness in language, as some this is converting terms between what different parts of the game calls things, like 'Quality' in upgrades meaning 'rarity' in the final item and such as that. That, and the persistent headache I've had all day.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Oy! I was looking for something else and stumbled across this back on page 2.

Reading through this, it's obvious that nobody who replied understood what the OP was saying. I do. I made and used only one of those [Quality] upgrades before realizing it was bugged horribly. Since then I just used the standard Omega Particle Upgrades.

To answer his question - I don't know. Those upgrades are too precious for me to risk wasting one checking to see if Cryptic has corrected their mistake yet.

The standard Omega Particle upgrade applied to a MK II item will get you several levels with the boosted chance of an increase in rarity; more for consoles, less for weapons. IIRC, weapons will go up to Mk VII, while consoles may reach MK X or XII

And the OP's final point about the game calling the same thing different names in different places is a good one.
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I never really looked into it, but it was my understanding that the quality improvement chance was tied to the number of tech points given. So if you get 100,000 tech points with quality x4, then you get the quality x4 until those 100,000 tech points are used up in level increases (the standard old Omega techs, I didn't look up the actual numbers).

When I looked at the 'new', bonus-quality ones, it appeared they gave the extra quality to only 1 tech point. Hence, a single level upgrade is all it's good for, since it's immediately used up.

As said, I looked at them once, decided it was a crock (for my purposes), and never looked at again - so this may not be accurate.

(Note: this setup implies you would use regular Omegas while gaining levels, and use the Quality ones to upgrade quality of an item that was already max level.)
    Post edited by tribbulater on
  • Options
    rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    FYI as of 2022.
    I just tested the OMEGA quality upgrade on a Mark XII weapon. 4 of them brought the upgrade chance to 100% (4 failures) That fifth one...still 100% and another failure. So no upgrade in quality with 100% chance of success.
    I did get 5 TPts though.
    Still not working.
    So IMO stick with the Standard (though if the quality increase never kicks in why bother?-have not tested) or Mark Upgrades which do work. Or wait for giveaways/events and pick up some Ultimate Upgrades and stop rolling the rigged dice. :)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Necro. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.