test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Multiple Tour of Duty Steps?

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
Are we able to have multiple Tour of Duty steps active within the same Admiralty Campaign? For example, can I start KDF Tour of Duty 1/10, then use a bunch of Pass Tokens until KDF Tour of Duty 2/10 pops up? Or will the game not "proc" the next Tour of Duty step until after it sees that the previous step was completed? I ask, because I want to help the fleet I'm in finish projects with the Dilithium Project Vouchers without having to wait like ten days for each Tour of Duty step to finish, but don't want to burn a lot of pass tokens on something that won't work.

Comments

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As far as I know that won't work.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Does anyone know what happens if you fail a ToD mission? i.e. if you fail the Klingon Tour of Duty 2 is the next one that shows up still 2 or will it advance to 3 regardless? The former would be a reason why you won't see more than one ToD in a campaign at a time. It's something I've never tested (why waste progress?) but with this KDF recruitment going and doing the DOffing chains again where it doesn't matter what the result of the assignments are it got me thinking about what happens if you fail a ToD again.
  • Options
    ultimatenewbieultimatenewbie Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Are we able to have multiple Tour of Duty steps active within the same Admiralty Campaign? For example, can I start KDF Tour of Duty 1/10, then use a bunch of Pass Tokens until KDF Tour of Duty 2/10 pops up? Or will the game not "proc" the next Tour of Duty step until after it sees that the previous step was completed? I ask, because I want to help the fleet I'm in finish projects with the Dilithium Project Vouchers without having to wait like ten days for each Tour of Duty step to finish, but don't want to burn a lot of pass tokens on something that won't work.

No, not as far as I know - there is only one ToD mission available at the time and the next one comes only after you complete the previous one. At least, in my experience - but I havent burnt more than 32 skip tokens to test, so maybe if the number is larger then you could try.
    fftt wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens if you fail a ToD mission? i.e. if you fail the Klingon Tour of Duty 2 is the next one that shows up still 2 or will it advance to 3 regardless? The former would be a reason why you won't see more than one ToD in a campaign at a time. It's something I've never tested (why waste progress?) but with this KDF recruitment going and doing the DOffing chains again where it doesn't matter what the result of the assignments are it got me thinking about what happens if you fail a ToD again.

I think if you fail it, you still progress to the next tier, but you obviously dont get any of the rewards. If you crit success them though, you can make some serious bank, so try and get them with a shuttle that gives 5x crit chance (like the Captain's Yacht).