test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion - HMS Bounty Bird of Prey

Hello! I've been playing Star Trek Online for a few months now, and I've had a few different characters to try the different powers of the quadrant. I found, however, that as much as I loved playing a KDF character and using their ships, I couldn't participate with my Federation-based Fleet that I joined. So it kind of clicked in my head - What if you released the HMS Bounty Klingon Bird of Prey, but made it a Federation-aligned ship? Give it Disruptors, a Photon Launcher, and a Cloaking Device. Maybe some kind of Temporal Console? It would be awesome to have a Klingon ship on my Federation character. (Yes, all of you out there are going, "Well, just make a KDF character!") But that's not what this post is about. It would be a nice addition to the current selectable ships, and one that's iconic to the Star Trek Universe!

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Honestly is there anything that's different enough from a stock BoP with the Bounty to make it it's own variation.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Legendary BOP— Crossfaction-friendly after completing the KDF recruitment and a weird BOP-defiant mashup for the anniversary ship...

It will be glorious!
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > Once again...NONONONONONONONONO.
    >
    > At that point, just remove the final red vs blue wall and just let anyone fly any ship.

Which I think has been hinted at already following the Titan thing. So yes, ships will all be universal at one point.

Then the Bounty would just be a skin, showing the ship name being painted on the hull.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    qultuq wrote: »
    Legendary BOP— Crossfaction-friendly after completing the KDF recruitment and a weird BOP-defiant mashup for the anniversary ship...

It will be glorious!

Once again...NONONONONONONONONO.

At that point, just remove the final red vs blue wall and just let anyone fly any ship.

@coldnapalm

I've heard that a dev has already hinted that the Red vs blue wall will be coming down in the future.
    Proof of this can be found in the availability of the Tier 6 Titan.

Personally i think it would be interesting to gain access to a cross faction BoP without the horrible art of the future designs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I think it needs to happen! I enjoy the Klingon faction more than the Fed faction but I think the everyone should be able to fly the ships they want. I personally don't like the Excelsior but others do. We already have tons of cross-faction ships. One more isn't going to make a difference. Maybe they could even give us a way to splash it down after flying under the Golden Gate Bridge. :D