test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Slot Limits...

2»

Comments

• shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I have 35 captains and no regrets really. I am able to run more or less 5 captains a day to do dailies for ec and dil. My main captain is tier 6 with the others soon to follow. I also have them all separate by categories my feds/roms/klinks/mercenary/smuggler/aliens.

My Mercenary is a female ferasan on the klingon side. The smuggler is a ferengi male on the federation side. I have made an alien that is from the movie “aliens: covenant” as the architects, an area 51 alien “greys” also I have a breen captain and crew and I do have plans for a captain and borg crew.

All my captains has a different ship.

My rp for all of this is non cannon of course but it works for me, I won’t bore anyone with it but let’s just say the anomaly next to esd for me is more than just a captain’s lounge.

The pros to all of this is that there is a lot of variety in gameplay, getting dil and ec is a lot easier than I ever thought initially. There really isn’t any con I can think of as yet other than remembering the names of all my captains and ships lol.

My advice is this. If you want to have a large roster you have to come to grips that you are not going to have the highest dps gear around because of all the captains you have but you can get gear that will at least will hold its own and not make you completely useless in tfo’s. That seems to be a big concern with the player base if the forums are anything to go by.

Make the roster work fun for you and make challenges for yourself. One of the things I do is that every captain I make HAS to do all the missions and side arcs before I move to the next one. That only happens once in a while when I get a new ship for a new captain but for me it’s a trial by fire thing. I know it isn’t everyones cup of tea but hey I’m having fun with it!

In the end it’s all about how you enjoy playing this game and getting the most out of it.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I have 35 captains and no regrets really. I am able to run more or less 5 captains a day to do dailies for ec and dil. My main captain is tier 6 with the others soon to follow. I also have them all separate by categories my feds/roms/klinks/mercenary/smuggler/aliens.

My Mercenary is a female ferasan on the klingon side. The smuggler is a ferengi male on the federation side. I have made an alien that is from the movie “aliens: covenant” as the architects, an area 51 alien “greys” also I have a breen captain and crew and I do have plans for a captain and borg crew.

All my captains has a different ship.

My rp for all of this is non cannon of course but it works for me, I won’t bore anyone with it but let’s just say the anomaly next to esd for me is more than just a captain’s lounge.

The pros to all of this is that there is a lot of variety in gameplay, getting dil and ec is a lot easier than I ever thought initially. There really isn’t any con I can think of as yet other than remembering the names of all my captains and ships lol.

My advice is this. If you want to have a large roster you have to come to grips that you are not going to have the highest dps gear around because of all the captains you have but you can get gear that will at least will hold its own and not make you completely useless in tfo’s. That seems to be a big concern with the player base if the forums are anything to go by.

Make the roster work fun for you and make challenges for yourself. One of the things I do is that every captain I make HAS to do all the missions and side arcs before I move to the next one. That only happens once in a while when I get a new ship for a new captain but for me it’s a trial by fire thing. I know it isn’t everyones cup of tea but hey I’m having fun with it!

In the end it’s all about how you enjoy playing this game and getting the most out of it.

friend was exactly how I ended up reaching the cap limit, and you know what? i want more space because my imagination allows me to create much more !!!! lol
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    The ONE character slot thing I wish they would do is give those who created a character to use the Foundry, but didn't delete said character before they REMOVED the Foundry (because I forgot about that character as I hadn't done any real updates to any of the 3 missions I had published so never used him for about a year prior to the Foundry being removed -- plus I guess I mistakenly believed/assumed that when they removed the Foundry, those characters would be autodeleted and a blank available character slot restored -- but nope -- on slot is still taken by the Foundry character that I now have no way/access to delete.

(And no, I'm not near the upper character limit as I have 15 characters - but I pretty much alternate between/play 2 regularly. I did it to have one 'class' of character (Eng/Tac/Sci) for each major faction.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.