Install Arc
Options

1 free X upgrade & 4 free respec tokens

2»

Comments

• Options
    aquarogue79#2415 aquarogue79 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    When they announced these tokens when they came out they said it was only for T5-U and T6 ships.

Edit: And they do say they're for T5-U and T6 in the c-store:

5eCUr7Q.jpg

yaeh thats what i dont like is they make you wait till you are in the game before they say its for t5+u and t6 only so its like if you dont have those ships it kind of screws over those of us who dont drop money on the game. and to me that just isnt right not all of us can pay to win since thats what this game is actually doing under the guise of a free to play

The information was clearly posted in the original announcement.

The information is also clearly posted on the Wiki Page.

It is also listed in the Zen Store before you buy the item as shown in the provided screenshots.

Basically, everywhere the information can be listed.. it is listed. What more do you want them to do? Come to your house and hand you a plaque engraved with the information? The real issue here is you were simply to lazy to read the information right in front of you.

As for your ridiculous 'pay to win' garbage.. there is an event going on RIGHT NOW that gets you a T6 ship.. absolutely free. They also just gave out an upgrade token.. absolutely free and when the upgrade system came out, they gave everyone a free upgrade token. On top of that, in February we will get yet another FREE T6 ship for the Anniversary event.

All of that is way more then you would ever need to play the game. There is nothing 'pay to win' about this game.. you're not even competing with other players. Everything you posted is completely absurd.

first off they DONT post it in the news that well second i dont read the wiki 3rd you have to do events during that winter thing for hours upon end the upgrade token is only for t5+u or t6 which sucks as for the z store i am not going ot drop any money on a game that is suppose to be a F2P that defeats the purpose of a free to play thats more a pay to win thing. i dont spend hours on end in sto unless its on a new character and thats all
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Funny, I spend about fifteen minutes over five different accounts to get my daily progress. The Fastest Game on Ice only takes a couple of minutes to run, not hours on end. Yes, the entire 20 days would account for some hours, but it's not hours every day.

And not reading the wiki is on you. Not reading the announcements is on you, not on them.

Most of my ships are actually the event ships since I started playing. Some of my C-Store ships have come with the free T6 coupon I ran events to get-again over two of my accts and three of my familie's accts. And it didn't take all that long to progress.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    first off they DONT post it in the news

I included a link to the announcement post when the upgrade token came out. You literally just have to do one mouse click to see you're wrong. It's always been in the description of the item from day 1. That link was also provided in the game launcher upon release.
    that well second i dont read the wiki

That is fine, but you're blaming Cryptic for not giving you the information but you refuse to use any avenue given to deliver that information. That is not on them. The information has been provided both by Cryptic and by the community.
    3rd you have to do events during that winter thing for hours upon end

To get the ship, you have to do one event per day for 20 days. If you do 'The Fastest Game on Ice' it takes approximately 1 minute to complete. Winning the ship takes approximately 20 minutes spread out over 3 weeks. It's honestly just that easy.
    the upgrade token is only for t5+u or t6 which sucks as for the z store i am not going ot drop any money on a game that is suppose to be a F2P that defeats the purpose of a free to play thats more a pay to win thing. i dont spend hours on end in sto unless its on a new character and thats all

What you are describing is not a 'pay to win' mechanic. P2W is where only people that spend can advance or defeat other players in battle. This game has neither of those and is not a P2W game. There is absolutely no reason why you couldn't go through every bit of story line conent and even enjoy PVE queues without paying a cent.

You obviously don't know what you're doing in this game and that's perfectly fine. Everyone was like that once, but you should ask questions instead of blowing up and accusing the game developers. If you need help, ask and you will receive it, otherwise enough with the false claims.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    When they announced these tokens when they came out they said it was only for T5-U and T6 ships.

Edit: And they do say they're for T5-U and T6 in the c-store:

5eCUr7Q.jpg

yaeh thats what i dont like is they make you wait till you are in the game before they say its for t5+u and t6 only so its like if you dont have those ships it kind of screws over those of us who dont drop money on the game. and to me that just isnt right not all of us can pay to win since thats what this game is actually doing under the guise of a free to play

What? There have been free ship upgrade tokens on at least two occasions. We have a chance to get at least three T6 ships free every year - Winter Event, Summer Event, and Anniversary Event.

Your complaints are unjustified and inaccurate. You got something free, and now you're whinging about it? Cowboy up already.

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Just trying to get this to the front of the line as a reminder in case someone(s) had forgot to claim.
This discussion has been closed.