What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join the Synth Wave!

13»

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    So, I unlocked the Deimos on Tribble and a few observations:
    -the Starfleet Insignia is on both the dorsal and ventral sides and can't be removed and hull materials or shield visuals don't cover it
    -the ship is likely oversized as it's slightly wider than a Dranuur-class and its width is about half as big as a Galaxy-class' length
    -all Fed hull materials
    -all normal Fed bridges as well (likely the C-Store ones as well)
    -the torpedo launchers are located at the TIPS of the wings
    -the console has its range measured in "foot" (not "feet", "foot"), for once, instead of the usual kilometers. And it's clearly incorrect (despite Cryptic being American), as well, since it's a 500ft range. That translates to 0.1km. The range is actually 10km.
    -said console packs quite a punch. With an average phaser-boosting build that gives me 1,400 DPS on quad phaser cannons, the console delivers 18,000 phaser damage. You can fire it 6 times, once every 5 seconds and each charge takes 20 seconds to reload.

As for La Sirena: I'm guessing players aren't really interested in that one because it's not a faction-related ship, or even tied to a certain species. There may be some players who like to play a mercenary character (there have been some requests for a mini-faction based on that) but I think most players just want a Fed ship for their Fed character, a Klingon one for their Klingon and so on.
    There is also the fact it's part of the rarest ship prizes and it's nothing really special compared to some other raiders obtainable more easily like the Shran, Maquis Raider and the D4x. If you manage to get a R&D ship pack, you either gonna keep it safe for later, or buy a MW Connie, a Vaadwaur Juggernaut, a Valkis if you're Romulan, or an Inquiry if you really feel like punishing yourself.

On an aesthetic part, it also only has access to the most basic, ugliest bridge of all, with no options for the Walker, Odyssey or Vengeance bridges which are the closest to the Sirena's bridge designs.

Also, I agree with the people saying DSC ships are better-looking than the PIC ships and I hate most of their designs, except the Walker, even if I still think the placement of the bridge and deflector is stupid and endangers the crew even more than most recent ship designs, especially during evasive maneuvers and crash landings.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.