test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disappointed in "Klingon year" so far

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Briefly, many players expected something like:

- a Klingon-specific new rep system
- a unique Klingon character type (like Feds got 2 already)
- some actual new Klingon ships

What we got:
- fed junk crew
- more fed ships
- aesthetics

This is truly sad...

Comments

• gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    First of all the stuff we got was redesigns of Klingon Characters, so they don't look awful, some early mission redesigns, and again, FED SHIP skins, what the Year of the Klingon needs is to actually bring more and more stuff to the Klingon side, old missions like B'Vat story to be returned, the Kuva'Magh mission, and many Federation sided missions that was removed to be added once again. This would make the updated year to seem really expansive but sadly they will refuse because they are 'shrinking content' with the 2 missions added on PS4, one is not even a mission but a series of a 'less than 3 pages of dialog' and 3 patrols forced INTO a mission. the one mission they added was good but it is not worth the effort put in, Some of the earlier content that was cut was half baked and even laughable but this is honest to Star Trek, most episodes either disregarded previous episodes or down right omitted them from existing.

Going to the STO Gamepedia page and reviewing the cut content shows that 84% of the overall game content was cut for no reason, like the very long Klingon Story on the FED side, i am happy it was shortened but NOT at the price that it cost, They need to move stuff around, put the missions that are important somewhere else, The 'Ferengi Space Station' Treasure Mission where you meet the Orion who tells you what B'Vat is doing, that is a very important mission that is now GONE FOREVER and people will not know HOW they learned of it, the game has BAD STORY TELLING now, where missions went from having a ARC to now having a loose story where it is just shooting and 'wait, what did they say? oh right, its not important'
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    the unique Klingon character type might come Once YoK ends, possibly as a mission reward like how we got TOS Klingons for beating the battle of Caleb IV.
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    We got out Klingon.

Thank you !
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The new changes for the Klingon faction is NOT done for fans. They are catering to STP and TRIBBLE. Star Trek before STP and TRIBBLE had years of content that could have been added. But is not being used. Catering to NEW fans is at the cost of OLD loyal fans.

1. I personally hate the new design of Q'onos. Half the time, I can't figure where the doors are.
    2. Fine, if people like STP/TRIBBLE, you gave them a new playable char. But stop changing the past episodes to cater to STP/TRIBBLE. Just write new episodes I'll NEVER play with my Klingon characters. Let the fans play them.
    3. Because I don't give a flying f*k of TRIBBLE/STP/Ugly guppy Klingons, do what you want WITH THEN. But unless you're turning ST into anime, that huge Bat'leth looks stupid. If you watch Worf in STNG, you'd see how they're supposed to be wielded. But again, if those fans like them, good for them.
    4. I agree, once the Alliance was formed, I can see how factions can share ships. But instead of just releasing them to players, why didn't you write an episode explaining the changes. And TRIBBLE/STP was after the Alliance, so don't involve that garbage. I'll give u an example, you could have created an episode where there is a ceremony where all factions agree to share ships. Would that be hard to do?
    5. Personally, I would not have allowed the sharing of ships. If Dev stop thinking of this as just a game, but were true fans, they'd realize, sharing ships is giving technology to future enemies. Who would do that?