test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moving Interaction Buttons

kitcherykitchery Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I suggest that the 'buttons' for doing actions like picking up items or interacting with objects need to stop jumping around the screen. The new synth TFO has given me a great example for this casing me frustration.
I had dealt with some of the synths, I moved in to start transferring people to one of the ships, which required me to click on the button on the right. Just before I clicked on it, it moved to the center. I then went to click on the center, and I got attacked again, which moved the button back to the right.
I have also had issues where I mean to go pick up people, or transfer people to a ship, and suddenly it changes to another option, because something new just popped up. Which causes me to miss-click an option, and suddenly I don't have enough resources to finish what I wanted.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    You can just hit the F key (default keybind) on your keyboard instead, that's the default button to trigger things. So then you don't need to click on the button that sometimes pops up in the middle of your screen, or moves over to the side.

In another scenario, doesn't work well when moving.. But works with stationary items like consoles, beacons etc.. You can just double click on the item itself instead to trigger it.
  • Options
    kitcherykitchery Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    You can just hit the F key (default keybind) on your keyboard instead, that's the default button to trigger things. So then you don't need to click on the button that sometimes pops up in the middle of your screen, or moves over to the side.

In another scenario, doesn't work well when moving.. But works with stationary items like consoles, beacons etc.. You can just double click on the item itself instead to trigger it.

F key works well when there's only one option to choose from. On a normal mission when you're just picking up loot it works well, but when there's all these objects and options, things start to break down.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    You can hit F12 and move things around on screen - logically you want to move the interactions windows. Sure it wont solve the problem fully but it will make it less annoying. I personally move interaction window leftish and low priority interaction rightish

edit: If you wanted any dev to see this, they just wont. The general forum is more to exchange opinions with other players and/or ask advice etc. The best place to let devs know your feedback may be here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/controls-user-interface-and-the-sto-gateway
  • Options
    varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User

What, what, what F key ?

Well F key is so awesome, that when you are in battle favor, and mission will end, miss-hiting it will case you to warp out of the location, and leave all drops behind... i done it few times already in this (duble-broken) event due to (as OP said) jumping pop-ups.

About OP problem, well... sadly you can only endure... this is Cryptic after all.
This discussion has been closed.