Install Arc
Options

short and sweet briefing on new TFO

13»

Comments

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    smi3th wrote: »
    People have mentioned that the enemy seems to deal hardly any damage and players are basically invulnerable.

I suspect that the damage output of the synths was drastically reduced because the expectation of the TFO is that the players will be using their transporters half the time, which *should* cause their shields to drop while they do that. Only this effect was not implemented in the TFO so player ships keep their shields up while using transporters, which shouldn't be possible. Perhaps they forgot to add this, but if the synths are using a lot of projectile weapons then the TFO becomes much more dangerous if your shields are expected to be down half the time.

well that changed after the patch. I had to use a lot of heals this last run i did last night. I wasn't in danger, but i had to do more than use tac team to auto balance shields. sadly i think they backed off the satellites targeting players as well. i was outside the zone a long time and never targeted
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    The music does fit as its Mars from the planets suite by Gustav Holst.

What makes it painful is the tonedeaf choice of bad midi file and relatively tiny loop that turns it into the auditory abomination that it is. They should have gone for a more epic bladerunnery style synth sound that would fit the "synth" theme of the TFO and also the epicness of the source composition.

nope. just cause the title says Mars, doesnt justify its use. bad choice, just bad.

what you prefer some cop killer lyric rap song? that music was very appropriate, since the music in Picard is very airy, and not fitting for a combat scenario.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    siotaylor wrote: »
    I tried my third run at the TFO last night. We got to the point where Announcer Dude says something about how we've done all we can do here, all ships break off, and from there it just went on and on and on and on and on. It wouldn't end. There must have been a hundred of those damn synth frigates zipping around, and I died several times. It was horribly frustrating. I finally just bailed in disgust.

Tonight I did the Nimbus III episode. It was tediously repetitive and unappealing, but the only real problem was that poor map design caused my GPU to run a bit hot, enough to actually hear the fan. MSI Afterburner said the GPU peaked out at a temp of 73C, which is a bit warm. The T-Rex and the giant Targ were amusing, I'll give it that much.

The biggest issue in my opinion isn't either of these things. I mean they'll probably fix the bug on Tuesday... probably. The problem is that we need to repeat these travesties 20 times. It sucks all the fun out of a game! Yay for new content, even buggy new content, but nay for having to repeat this content ad nauseam over 20 days. Would rather scoop out eyes with a rusty spoon by the end of it.

if you noticed, they dropped the remaster KDF episode Mars Bringer of War. they should add that as a third alternative to the event.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    The music does fit as its Mars from the planets suite by Gustav Holst.

What makes it painful is the tonedeaf choice of bad midi file and relatively tiny loop that turns it into the auditory abomination that it is. They should have gone for a more epic bladerunnery style synth sound that would fit the "synth" theme of the TFO and also the epicness of the source composition.

nope. just cause the title says Mars, doesnt justify its use. bad choice, just bad.

what you prefer some cop killer lyric rap song? that music was very appropriate, since the music in Picard is very airy, and not fitting for a combat scenario.

The choice of song was fine. The TRIBBLE-midi rendition of it is the problem. Even an ABBA-style Euro-pop rendition would have been preferable to what we got.

"Marsaloo, I was defeated, you won the war..."
  • Options
    radonneradonne Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have to add one more thing about this mission. I normally play with the music off and listen to podcasts or music to my own tastes. I heard the mission music in a video play through today. I really hate it. Sounds like something from a carnival track rather than something from Star Trek and battle tense. It goes so against the grain, ruining your immersion, that I honestly feel it hurts playing it.

To each their own, I thought the music was the best part of the TFO. Guess I just have a soft spot for MIDI tracks.

As for the mission itself, it's yet another time-gated, repetitious click fest. As far as those go, this one wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the constant bugging. Ironically, they need to add a timer to the exodus stage so that it will just blow up any remaining ships and end the mission if things get stuck.

-R
This discussion has been closed.