test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important procs or stats on Phaser Beam?

Hi,
I am thinking of upgrading my MK12 Advanced Phase Beam setup to MK15.
So to decide if I use those or should seek out for other one's or start over I'd need to know what procs or stats are good to have on those!?
https://gyazo.com/12befea8291adcab481772600cc6cf72

Like is Dmgx3 good enough or what else is something sufficient? something "nice to have" would suffice as answer for me!
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Advanced Phasers are some of the better Phasers in the game, they're worth upgrading.

As for the Mods, yes.. DMG is a good mod so is CrtD. Either of those will do. The difference between them is negligible in most builds, personally.. I like Damage for Tactical Officers and CrtD for others.

For builds using the Advanced Phasers, you want to try and use consoles that boost your critical hit chance so you can most effectively take advantage of the extra critical severity granted by Advanced Phasers. Things like the Assimilated Module, or if you have the Lobi, the Altmid Swarm Processor is great when using those beams. Also, be sure you're using Fleet Vulnerability Locators in your Tactical consoles to push that Critical Chance as high as you can.

They're fun beams, they should serve you well. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    stormwind81#1860 stormwind81 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    So lets say I dont have enough of those to fill all my front banks with them and are keen to buy me one upgraded MK15 on the exchange, and I have the extra EC for it, I would go for MK15 Advanced Phasers with DMGx3 and/or CrtD and wouldnt be wasting my money cause I will alway find good use for that, right?

Like I see a lot of Ac/Dm CrtDx2 CrtH Dmg versions on the exchange. Are they worth the money?
    I am Engineer btw.

So what I want is CrtDx4 ???? right?

Thanks for the other tips!
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well if you need a front phaser weapon, I'd be running the disco rep wide dual bank+the console, which together are fantastic for crit and critd.

However, if you have access to advanced phasers, you should be able to buy more from the reclaim part of the dilithium store.
  • Options
    stormwind81#1860 stormwind81 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Somehow I am still stuck with 8k DPS and its starting to annoy me how long fights last with it.

Can someone recommend an easy build for me?
    I want to focus on Beams and have the 10th anniversary collection , Arbiter Nardera and the Ghema.
    Cant buy anything that needs high reputation progress over level 2.

Thinking of this but I am not sure:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YofOgPrfH0w
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Like I see a lot of Ac/Dm CrtDx2 CrtH Dmg versions on the exchange. Are they worth the money?

You cannot buy Advanced Phasers on the Exchange, so I am not sure what you are looking at. Advanced Phasers can only be obtained from the Legendary Pack and from the Miracle Worker Promo Constitution which is where I got mine. As for the mods on exchange weapons, you buy the cheapest one and you re-engineer it to something good. You can change the mods once you buy it, so don't pay a ton extra for something just because it has the right mods. If you see mods like Over, Rapid, or Snare.. avoid it. Those mods cannot be changed.

If you're looking to build a good beam boat, I recommend you check out this article - Beam Boats in the Current Century from the DPS League.

You can also view some suggested builds here. If there is a particular ship you want help with or you need help converting one of those builds to a lower budget version, just let us know which ship you want to use and we can try and help.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Actually, since you have the legendary bundle, you can get as many advanced phasers as you want, just claim the temporal FDC, strip the phasers off it, dismiss it and claim it again. It comes with 6 by default I think.

The 8k DPS thing has me scratching my head. First, I don't know how that number is derived, where you tested that and so on. You can use the same build, fly it the same way and get very different DPS numbers depending on how it is calculated. And I don't parse myself, so I can't rightly compare it to anything personally, however other people do and can do more with it knowing how and where you got it.

Now you feel its slow, so presuming it is a somewhat accurate number, I can only imagine you're doing something fundamental wrong. Something like not having weapon power at 100, or circling a target to lazily burn down all their shields instead of trying to focus on one facing, or not using any BOFF/captain powers at all.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    if you can slot it I think bioneural circuits does a serious crit boost, but I cannot remember if it's severity or chance.. not that either one is bad...
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    If you can get on the Tribble server, Drozana vendor sells free upgrade items. You can upgrade stuff to Epic 15 and test them out there to your heart's content.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    you want to get the Quantum Phase Converter console, and if you can get the bajoran fighter, Domino.
    Spock.jpg