test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My design for the Armstrong Class Frigate

xastirxxastirx Member Posts: 71 Arc User
I realize there are other Amstrong Class Beta Canon ships, but thing is: if i spent time looking for unused names, id never get anything done. Anycase, there is this other game that I and many other STO players play called Space Engineers. I use this game both as modeling software making new ships and for practical use in the game. I did it this way because Blender is one confusing as hell program. That and I like the idea of making a new ship from scratch and building it "by hand".

As for what the ship is meant to resemble, it has a TMP era constitution style saucer, but scaled down. The secondary hull is integrated into the saucer on all decks, kinda like the gagarin or buran. She sports a Nebula class style mission pod that houses her sensors and torpedo launchers. For FTL she has 4 centaur style warp nacelles, but shortened in length. She has the ability to land on planets and can be equipped with various nanite based systems. She has a potent defensive and offensive array including 21 phaser strip emitters, 5 photon torpedoes, and as will be evidenced by one of the images, multi layered shielding.

20200501004756_1.jpg

20200621161319_1.jpg

General specs:
Length: 167.5 meters long
Decks: 4
Weapons: 21 phaser emitter strips located across all segments(6 on saucer, 3 on secondary hull, 1 on each pylon, 1 on each nacelle, 4 on the mission pod), 5x photon torpedo launchers(3 fore 2 aft)
Shields: Experimental multi-layered shield technology
Armor: light ablative
Hangars: 1 equipped with a type 6 shuttle circa 2265
Crew required for minimal operation: 1
Maximum crew supported: 25
Scientific facilities installed on prototype: Metallurgical sciences, Medical labratory, sickbay

Special: full capability to operate in planet gravity well including long duration flight, landing, take off while all cargo containers are fully loaded with raw ore. NOTE: when vessel is landed, there are special all terrain landing pads on the underside of the lower nacelles that reinforce the landing gear on the ventral engineering section. Vessel ingress/Egress is achieved by a personnel ramp on the forward ventral engineering hull that allows direct access to main engineering. This entry ramp area is designed so that in an emergency the ramp can be retracted while personnel are on the ramp so as to not allow hostiles to board the ship by making it to the ramp before it is clear of personnel and closed. If it is suspected the ship will be landing in such an area, the ship can be made to use its phaser arrays as a way to prevent hostiles getting close.