test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] Fleet Arbiter Class Battlecruiser T6

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed. You can find this link in the description when viewing on YouTube.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

Fleet Arbiter Class Battlecruiser T6

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Its definitely a budget type build, and there isn't anything wrong with it, but I'd do some things differently.

I'd rather use EPTW 3 instead of 2, which is an easy little swap to make.

And given a rear full of omnis, I would also prefer to use at the very least the wide angle dual beam bank from the Disco rep, and the console over one of the standard beams in front.

I also think it is very worth considering replacing the kinetic cutting beam with the Undine rep turret. The two piece when you're already using a hydrodynamic compensator gives you bonus phaser damage which is surely better than the two piece from the Borg set. Neither the turret nor the omni benefit from BFAW or BO, so it is a wash there whatever you use.

Then I'd probably prefer the console from the Delta rep for some BOFF cooldown, as well as the rep trait that gives CD reduction as this build is going to lack any of that. Photonic officer wouldn't be a great idea with only an LT sci, obviously. While it doesn't help the doubled up tac powers much, some cooldown reduction is going to give more uptime on EPTW especially, as well as the heals.

And finally while I don't like to suggest ship traits for budget type builds, since it largely depends on what someone has, I think this one is conspicuously missing The Best Defense which is one you can get from a mission, and is thus far more achievable than some of the other defensive ones suggested, and should work very well on this build.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Well as someone who started making his own build in a time where power management was key (Borg two piece/maco shield, plasmonic leech and of course the Borg console+ KCB combo) i understand where he is coming from.

Builds have evolved since then so Winter his approach, while not necessarily wrong, is not bringing out the full potential even for a budget build.

The video's are a decent place to start.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Its definitely a budget type build, and there isn't anything wrong with it, but I'd do some things differently.

I'd rather use EPTW 3 instead of 2, which is an easy little swap to make.

And given a rear full of omnis, I would also prefer to use at the very least the wide angle dual beam bank from the Disco rep, and the console over one of the standard beams in front.

I also think it is very worth considering replacing the kinetic cutting beam with the Undine rep turret. The two piece when you're already using a hydrodynamic compensator gives you bonus phaser damage which is surely better than the two piece from the Borg set. Neither the turret nor the omni benefit from BFAW or BO, so it is a wash there whatever you use.

Then I'd probably prefer the console from the Delta rep for some BOFF cooldown, as well as the rep trait that gives CD reduction as this build is going to lack any of that. Photonic officer wouldn't be a great idea with only an LT sci, obviously. While it doesn't help the doubled up tac powers much, some cooldown reduction is going to give more uptime on EPTW especially, as well as the heals.

And finally while I don't like to suggest ship traits for budget type builds, since it largely depends on what someone has, I think this one is conspicuously missing The Best Defense which is one you can get from a mission, and is thus far more achievable than some of the other defensive ones suggested, and should work very well on this build.

Forget it - you'll never get him to ditch the KCB. He puts that useless piece of junk on EVERY build he makes. Sadly, he seems to fail to see that, whilst the two-piece bonus is okay-ish, frankly it doesn't offset the fact that the weapon itself is one of the most useless things you could possibly waste a weapon slot on - for the reasons you already stated, and the fact its damage output is laughable; the Devs should really rename it 'Omni Shield Tickle Beam'. And three omni beams? Anyone would think that the ship had a turn-rate of 0.5!

Normally I'd say that two pieces of the Lorca's ambition set would be far better (heck, the console alone is great) but I sadly know he won't consider anything but the Omni Tickle Beam in that slot.

I am actually more than willing to listen and consider alternatives believe it or not. In this episode as with many of my episodes I give what I feel are very valid reasons for keeping the KCB. Anyone who actually takes the time to watch the episode would know that rather than just going off the STO Academy link.

The thing is though, that nobody has suggested any alternatives worth considering in my opinion. Yes, many have said the Lorca two piece for example, but we are talking about an aft weapon. If your suggestion is to replace the KCB with a forward facing weapons only or a weapon that can only fire in a rear facing arc, well guess what, that's right, I'm gonna keep the weapon that fires 100% of the time whether I'm facing the enemy or not.

Now, I completely agree that the Undine Rep Turret is an interesting idea and I would say a very good suggestion @foxrockssocks so thank you for that. It honestly never occurred to me to mix weapons like that. Typically, if I'm running beams then that's what I'm gonna stick to. Or if I'm running cannons, then I'm gonna stick to that. But, it is something that I will keep in mind for the future.

As for 3 Omni's in the back, yeah sure why not!? I have 8 weapons on target most of the time without having to focus on piloting for broadsides. Sure, if I was using anything from lets say the Lobi Store then that would open up a ton of options for me and I would be building these very differently, but I'm not. As I'm sure all of you know, the Lobi Store is one of the most expensive stores in game, hence why nothing from there will ever appear on a "Budget Build" video from me.

-Winters
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Sorry Winters, but whilst your videos are good, you offer no true build diversity, partly due to your inexplicable devotion to the KCB. Granted, variations on BOFF layout and powers but the weapons layout you recommend is always the same. I mean, I might suggest that you offer an alternative cannon layout on your builds (for ships that can use cannons) but I suspect you'd still cripple those builds with the KCB too.

Man, agreed.

I stopped commenting because I admit that I find it frustrating the way he won't even consider an alternative to that terrible cutting beam. The 2pc was once a useful thing, but now even that is not that great and really does not justify having a weapon that's the equivalent to an empty hard point. As far as Weapon Power, take out that Space DoFF that reduces transwarp, replace it with another Damage Control Engineer and you should have enough up time on Emergency Power to Weapons to ensure that it's never an issue.

The other reason given is for the Kinetic Damage Endeavor.. well, fine.. I guess if you want to do it that way you can swap it in when you have that particular endeavor but to run it as your regular weapon? It just doesn't make sense. The only reason to run this setup with 3 omni beams is if you were running Dual Beams in the front and needed Omni's in the back. Then the KCB would pretty much be required, in this setup it's just an empty hard point, it's worthless. It would be far more effective running 2 single beams in the rear with the Trilithium Omni for Speed Tweaks 2pc.

I know I commented here, but for the most part I don't anymore because there are certain parts of the build that are going to be copy/pasted to every build no matter what. For some crazy reason.. the KCB is one of those things.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You know, as much as I agree with the KCB thing, you people aren't offering alternatives. Winters is trying to add to the community and help people get started with various ships and builds that are easy to put together (although some of them have been more ridiculous choices of ships than others.)

I know you are very willing to help newbies, but where are your build suggestions here? You can even be lazy and just say you prefer my suggested changes over Winters' build.

Winters is going to do what he does, maybe slotting that KCB forever. I don't think it matters if he does, as long as other people throw out alternative ideas to it. So are you going to counter it with your own ideas on how to improve the build, maybe even doing your own videos, or just huff indignantly?

Its not his job to do things the way you would do them. I'm sure I don't build the way you would either.
    Sorry Winters, but whilst your videos are good, you offer no true build diversity, partly due to your inexplicable devotion to the KCB. Granted, variations on BOFF layout and powers but the weapons layout you recommend is always the same. I mean, I might suggest that you offer an alternative cannon layout on your builds (for ships that can use cannons) but I suspect you'd still cripple those builds with the KCB too.

Man, agreed.

I stopped commenting because I admit that I find it frustrating the way he won't even consider an alternative to that terrible cutting beam. The 2pc was once a useful thing, but now even that is not that great and really does not justify having a weapon that's the equivalent to an empty hard point. As far as Weapon Power, take out that Space DoFF that reduces transwarp, replace it with another Damage Control Engineer and you should have enough up time on Emergency Power to Weapons to ensure that it's never an issue.

The other reason given is for the Kinetic Damage Endeavor.. well, fine.. I guess if you want to do it that way you can swap it in when you have that particular endeavor but to run it as your regular weapon? It just doesn't make sense. The only reason to run this setup with 3 omni beams is if you were running Dual Beams in the front and needed Omni's in the back. Then the KCB would pretty much be required, in this setup it's just an empty hard point, it's worthless. It would be far more effective running 2 single beams in the rear with the Trilithium Omni for Speed Tweaks 2pc.

I know I commented here, but for the most part I don't anymore because there are certain parts of the build that are going to be copy/pasted to every build no matter what. For some crazy reason.. the KCB is one of those things.

Or perhaps one single beam alongside the Trilithium Omni and the Advanced Inhibiting Phaser Omni-Directional Beam Array from the Gamma reputation Task Force Ordnances if one must have more than one omni-beam equipped.

Two set omnis?

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    You know, as much as I agree with the KCB thing, you people aren't offering alternatives.

Except we did offer alternatives and have in past threads as well.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You know, as much as I agree with the KCB thing, you people aren't offering alternatives.

Except we did offer alternatives and have in past threads as well.

Sure, so have I. You'll probably have to keep offering alternatives forever. I mean if people want to see build diversity, you're not going to get it from only one person offering their build.

Two set omnis?

I think so - but perhaps not? Haven't been playing the game of late, so I forget. I know my Fed Tac has two Omni phasers slotted aft, and one of them is the Gamma reputation one, but to be fair the other might be a crafted weapon, or the Hur'q Omni.

As for the rest of the post, well - as @seaofsorrows pointed out, alternatives have been offerred and met with either nothing, or excuses that favour keeping the worst weapon in the game equipped. Besides that its a post about ship builds, a subject that'll always spark discussion and debate.

No it's 1 crafted/lock box omni and 1 set omni.