test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open all boxes option request

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
Any chance there could be a option added to the game where we can open all boxes at once like R&D, pheonix and lockbox instead of opening them one buy one
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I doubt it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    nope. i can see it now. in the first DAY that went live: "I didn't see that infinity box in my inventory and I only wanted to open the borg boxes and now i didn't get the super duper ship and I would have and i demand cryptic give me one or i will QUIT"
    Seriously. I can see the auto open stuff like rep boxes, but not anything that costs or can cost real money
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Speaking as one of only a small habdfull of people in our fleet completing DOFFs for Fleet Projects... that sure would be nice. But yeah, I can see the major issue with any Z-store item, including Keys.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The big reason this will never happen, is that part of the appeal of 'gamble mechanics' is the feeling of acknowledgement. Every time you open a box, the feedback is actually clinically developed to interact with the human brain in a way that makes you want to open 'more and more.' Everything from the color and frequency of the lights, the sounds it makes, the visual feedback, it's similar to the way Fast Food restaurants always use certain colors in their lobbies that have been proven to help induce feelings of hunger. The feedback you get every time you pop open a box is a carefully planned part of the mechanic behind loot boxes and you can bet they're not going to change it anytime soon.

It may not work on you (especially if you know what they're doing) but it works on others and they're not going to give that up anytime soon.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The big reason this will never happen, is that part of the appeal of 'gamble mechanics' is the feeling of acknowledgement. Every time you open a box, the feedback is actually clinically developed to interact with the human brain in a way that makes you want to open 'more and more.' Everything from the color and frequency of the lights, the sounds it makes, the visual feedback, it's similar to the way Fast Food restaurants always use certain colors in their lobbies that have been proven to help induce feelings of hunger. The feedback you get every time you pop open a box is a carefully planned part of the mechanic behind loot boxes and you can bet they're not going to change it anytime soon.

It may not work on you (especially if you know what they're doing) but it works on others and they're not going to give that up anytime soon.

I've never actually paid attention to this, other than to click open another one of close. I just look in my inventory to see what I got out of any that I've opened. It also helps as training to avoid watching the awful amount of visual spam the game has.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.