test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could the Obelisk Swarmers get a minor visual update?

novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
Since the Obelisk and its corresponding swarmer carrier pets came out, I've come to realize something. They don't really "swarm". By that, I mean that the hangar pets are only spawned in single-unit groups, leaving the feeling first built up about them in the mission "Sphere of Influence" and then in subsequent missions such as in the Solanae Dyson Sphere a bit... underwhelming in comparison. Especially now that we have hangar craft that "swarm" better than the swarmers, with the tactical flyers.

While the swarmers can have 6 units out at a time per hangar bay, with 1 swarmer drone per unit, tactical flyers can have a whopping 36 flyers per hangar bay, with 6 per unit. This leaves the supposed "swarmers" now feeling completely underwhelming in terms of their namesake, and how they were presented in mission story. Would it be possible to do a minor update to the hangar pets to increase the number of swarmers per unit launched, like with Tactical Flyers? If the reasoning this was limited years ago was that it would be resource intensive in the game, I think we passed that point now that the game is able to handle craft like the tactical flyers and their greater numbers.