test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event 2020 - August 4 RETURN TO RISA!!!

Comments

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    No Orion baseball team uniforms, no Orion baseball team vanity shield. Slim pickings this year.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • adamspire#9038 adamspire Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Hundreds of planets, dozens of races, hundreds of novels and source materials. Reskins and dancing.
    Heck, they could have even had a new TFO with Risa citizens causing a disruption on the planet with this weather ship like in the DS9 episode. Yet another lost opportunity.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I see there is no longer a 20 Lohlunat Favor reward for re-running the Flying High mission. So really, once you have the daily task done, there is zero point in running Flying High again. Is it a bug that the Favors are missing or intentional?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Flying High doesnt give lohunat favors any more? WHY NOT? It use to up till now?
    Since the stuff in the store is soooooooooooo expensive next to what little you get, it helps to have as many events as you can that gives favors since there are some of us who only do certain things.
    I for one do not do any of the board races or the biathalon.
    A friend of mine also cannot do the board races or the biathlon, and due to what was changed in scavenger hunt with the scanner, she is incapable of seeing the new scanner. The red was much better for her than this is, this she cannot see at all. She is now down to only dance party and horga'hn hunt in order to make any loth favors. She wanted some of the consoles for her toons but now, she is likely going to abandon risa and stop getting favors for consoles cause the cost is way too high for what little she can do to provide her what she will need in favors.
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    I love the idea that since the last plot thing to happen was Jm'pok's declaring us outlaws and Adet'Pa taking J'Ula to lay low for a while, that now our idea of laying low is to shuffle into the summer rush of Risa while the two of them are going from dusty safehouse to safehouse in unmarked freighters, eating Klingon MREs, while we're getting drunk on the beach.
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Flying High doesnt give lohunat favors any more? WHY NOT? It use to up till now?
    Since the stuff in the store is soooooooooooo expensive next to what little you get, it helps to have as many events as you can that gives favors since there are some of us who only do certain things.
    A friend of mine also cannot do the board races or the biathlon, and due to what was changed in scavenger hunt with the scanner, she is incapable of seeing the new scanner. The red was much better for her than this is, this she cannot see at all. She is now down to only dance party and horga'hn hunt in order to make any loth favors. She wanted some of the consoles for her toons but now, she is likely going to abandon risa and stop getting favors for consoles cause the cost is way too high for what little she can do to provide her what she will need in favors.

As a solution: Your friend can do something else that earns credits, or dil and convert to credits with keys, then buy favors.

I do agree that the games should be as accessible as possible. Cryptic could make more of an effort to accommodate low vision, color blindness and mobility problems.
    edited August 2020

As a solution: Your friend can do something else that earns credits, or dil and convert to credits with keys, then buy favors.

I do agree that the games should be as accessible as possible. Cryptic could make more of an effort to accommodate low vision, color blindness and mobility problems.

My friend will not *buy* what should be available for free and frankly I dont blame her. In fact I agree with it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Reruns of Flying High show Event Progress as the only Reward. And you can get that only on the first run of the 'day'. But you can run the Rerun every 15 Minutes to get Progress, but you cannot get Progress since you only get Progress when it is not a Daily Rerun.
    'Norman Coordinate'.

Methinks that, yet again, conversion to the new Event System was mucked up and bugs were introduced.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited August 2020

My friend will not *buy* what should be available for free and frankly I dont blame her. In fact I agree with it.

You earn lolnuts by playing a Risa event.

You earn dil and credits by playing other parts of the game. Then trade that with another player on the exchange.

Both are free in cash monies costs. Both are not free in time costs.

If your friend doesn't want to trade one set of activities for another set that's their choice of course.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Event Scedule has disappeared too. You can still see what is running, but can't see which activity is next in line.

The event clock is probably still set for Jube or Yuly. It will roll over on the 32nd.

Sigh. Still, minor glitches in our f2p MMO is #firstworldproblems during a pandemic. I complain, but I'm also thankful to Cryptic for keeping the servers running and giving us events and some new content.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    No event schedule.......

Okaaaay, back to Raft.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I see there is no longer a 20 Lohlunat Favor reward for re-running the Flying High mission. So really, once you have the daily task done, there is zero point in running Flying High again. Is it a bug that the Favors are missing or intentional?

Well, is there anything official on this matter? Is it just a bug, or was this change mentioned in the patchnotes or somewhere else?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User

I noticed this too. Bit of a bummer if they have taken away the favors for rerunning Flying High. I know it is only 20 favors, but 20 still helps
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    eazzie wrote: »
    I noticed this too. Bit of a bummer if they have taken away the favors for rerunning Flying High. I know it is only 20 favors, but 20 still helps

Indeed, it's also a good filler event to run while waiting on something else to pop up. Which brings me to my next problem with the event this year...

After logging in today to do the daily for the ship, I was wanting to get an idea of the schedule for the events through the rest of the day. I had planned on trying to make some time later today to play around on Risa. Since the cycle repeats every 90 minutes, you can kind of work out when certain events will be up, like dancing or the Horgahn Hunt.

But since the event schedule is now broken, I can't see what is up next or how long it'll be until the next event. So, I got my daily progress and logged out. I will NOT be logging back in today as I have ZERO intention of simply sitting on Risa not knowing when events will be and just waiting for one I enjoy to pop up.

Such a shame what has become of the Risa event.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

I was able to do the dance off time after time and still get repeated favors for it.

However, I sympathize and looks like it is broken for other mini events, the cloaked ships in the shore, disappearance of the summer event clock among other things. Needs a patch.​​
  • jasonkirk#8984 jasonkirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Wonder if they will fix on Thursday's patch or ignore. It's broken but still doable.​​
    well without a schedule I cant play, I refuse to sit there and wait twiddling my thumbs to find out whats next AFTER it reaches the time and not be ready by being there and ready before said event begins. I have a certain way I run events which is already being messed up cause flying high no longer gives lohunat favors but oh well. Now down to 3 events and I cannot properly setup to do those without a full schedule on screen. On indefinite hold till the schedule is fixed.
    tasshena wrote: »
    *looks at new universal endeavor*

I can actually think of one thing to add to Risa. Pitchable tents, that can be used anywhere on game. Particularly the Voth Battlezone, for all the people camping the rexes. :p ^_^

There are quite a number of summer sports that Devs could work to add to Risa. I believe that the main problem creating a group sports like "volleyball" or "soccer" would be hard to code. However, if they can come up with an activity that is solo like it is now in current events perhaps would be better.
    Something like:

Frisbee
    Golf
    swimming
    Skateboarding
    Biking

These should not be hard to code or add to Risa. Also, if we take winter event as an analogy there is already a precedent to make a group event aimed at killing a boss (Snowborg Queen/Snowman Overlord/snowman) so perhaps they can do the same if everyone in Risa attacks (using waterguns or similar) the main boss (M113 or salt vampires, mugatos or dewan arthropods).

There is so much out there they can still make it work...hope something else will come next summer.

All good ideas. Make it so Devs.​​
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Cryptic taking away a calendar, of all things, Cryptic taking away the Summer Event schedule posting lol Cryptic, or someone at Cryptic, has a real issue with communication with all of us customers.

STO really needs a time period of a few months to just fix current & previous glitches & "bugs" but Cryptic won't so more & more will just accumulate.

Retracting on the ways, actual methods & knowing when, to earn Lohlunats is just more of the same recent behavior by Cryptic, taking what is usually a very casual-player friendly & relaxing time of the year for STO & adding unnecessary grievances to it.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User

Thats hardly a "long while"
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    This spreadsheet seems to be mostly accurate. Just keep in mind that this is EDT not EST as labeled.
    In international terms that's GMT -4
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rQhND5luVZVRn9zCLkhBZwQKz-SZOILnFu4b7E-L4lE/edit#gid=0

I did not make this spreadsheet, I'm just sharing it. Hats off to the creator whoever she may be.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    foxman00 wrote: »

Thats hardly a "long while"

It is considering that there were reports of this happening at least 14 hours before that (in this thread) and longer than that in Risa zone chat (on PC, I was seeing this about four to six hours before it was posted here).

It really isnt that long.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.