test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Timeout and Server Issues in general

th3nerdyoneth3nerdyone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
For the last month or so now I've been getting issues connecting to my account on STO. Sometimes it'll work for a while but then when I reach Space Dock or DS9 or any other hub, a red warning appears on screen saying the server is trying to be contacted. And recently it started doing this when in story missions too. There are times where it goes back to normal and other times it sends me back to the login screen. Up until recently I just needed to wait a few hours to a day for it to be okay to login again, but now it's refusing to login outright.

It says there's a timeout issue with the login and that I should check my internet connection. My internet is not the issue, however, as I can connect to Steam, Google and other platforms that require a connection without fail or issue.

Is there a way to fix this or is STO more or less unplayable now? I've been seeing that others are having this issue as well.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    It has been like that for a while, they will just sweep it under the rug again, just like the lag and rubber banding.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    It has been like that for a while, they will just sweep it under the rug again, just like the lag and rubber banding.

If they were just sweeping it under the rug, they would not put out a Performance Issues Survey in Galactic News Network as well as the Lag Hunting Contributions Data Round 1 and Lag Hunting Contributions Data Round 2 (still active) in General Discussion. That would not be a thing if that were the case. I will also be glad when it is fixed but Akamai is the culprit and the node in question is known. Until Akamai fixes it, we will be surfing the lag like it is rad except it is not rad.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Things have been improving, but once Risa hit.. well, back to the mega DC's
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

If they were just sweeping it under the rug, they would not put out a Performance Issues Survey in Galactic News Network as well as the Lag Hunting Contributions Data Round 1 and Lag Hunting Contributions Data Round 2 (still active) in General Discussion. That would not be a thing if that were the case. I will also be glad when it is fixed but Akamai is the culprit and the node in question is known. Until Akamai fixes it, we will be surfing the lag like it is rad except it is not rad.

Yeah, but it seems their 'investigation' is over and guess what? Nothing improved.

This has been a problem for years, so when people say they are not seeing results.. they're speaking the truth. Cryptic has said nothing on the issue and the survey and threads have been unstickied from the forums to fall into obscurity. People have a good reason to believe that it will be swept under the rug..

Because it always has been.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User

Yup can't fix the lag and rubberbanding and now frequent SNR and Disconnections and Too many login attempts so you have to close game and relaunch but hey guys here's a new gamble box to throw money at.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    For the most part for me, it's on my end since my inet has taken to d/c and reconnecting. My son is experiencing the same and so has my friend in Bristol, UK.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.