test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space weaponry "Autofire"

It never rains, but it pours :|

I can't activate my space weaponry to autofire. I've rebooted my box (I'm playing on a NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO Box) and restarted the game with no joy.

Someone help please!

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Are on PC, Xbox, or PS4? Have you reset your game console? If that does not work then it might be a bug and belong in Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports or PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports. It also belongs in PC Gameplay Bug Reports since I do not know what platform you use.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    There is no autofire on consoles - you have to manually use the R1/R2(PS4) or RT/RB(XB1) trigger buttons to fire weapons.

If you are on PC, weapons should be on autofire mode by default. On a space map, such as Earth Orbit, unequip all your weapons, perhaps exit to Sector Space and re-enter, then re-equip the weapons. If they do no have the usual green border, try right-clicking the weapons on their UI-tray.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Did not know there was no autofire on consoles. Thanks for letting me know.
  • jcgcb007#8944 jcgcb007 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Are on PC, Xbox, or PS4? Have you reset your game console? If that does not work then it might be a bug and belong in Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports or PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports. It also belong in PC Gameplay Bug Reports since I do not know what platform you use.

I already said I'm playing on a NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO Box...
    I found the solution...

1/ Click on Game Menu (the cog on the lower-right border of your minimap).
    2/ Select Options from the MAIN MENU on the left.
    3/ Click on Controls tab.
    4/ Scroll down to the bottom and hey presto... there's Auto attack options.
    5/ Test them out for yourself.

Thanks guys and hope this helps the next muppet who comes searching with the same question :D

-Big J
    edited July 2020
    > @sthe91 said:
    > Are on PC, Xbox, or PS4? Have you reset your game console? If that does not work then it might be a bug and belong in Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports or PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports. It also belong in PC Gameplay Bug Reports since I do not know what platform you use.

I already said I'm playing on a NVIDIA SHIELD TV PRO Box...

I was confused by the box since I thought you might be playing on console on a special device. Did not know that was a thing. Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks. :)
    > @westmetals said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And those of us who don't know what that is are still wondering which server you're on. (As STO runs separate servers for PC, XBox, and PS4, and the PC server has some features which the other two lack.)

The clue's in the name... it is on the PC Server. Perhaps instead of being pedantic, you could have just asked the question, "What platform is it?". Better still, you could have googled it for yourself.
    > @westmetals said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > And those of us who don't know what that is are still wondering which server you're on. (As STO runs separate servers for PC, XBox, and PS4, and the PC server has some features which the other two lack.)

The clue's in the name... it is on the PC Server. Perhaps instead of being pedantic, you could have just asked the question, "What platform is it?". Better still, you could have googled it for yourself.

The clue is not in the name. I have never heard of it. He was not being pedantic, he was asking a question since he was not sure what you were referring to. Better yet, you could have said it was on PC in the first place. Why do we have to Google it?
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The clue is not in the name. I have never heard of it. He was not being pedantic, he was asking a question since he was not sure what you were referring to. Better yet, you could have said it was on PC in the first place. Why do we have to Google it?

Google it before you comment is common sense! It's not my job to spoon feed you the answer.
    > @jcgcb007#8944 said:
    > > @sthe91 said:
    > > (Quote)
    > >
    > > The clue is not in the name. I have never heard of it. He was not being pedantic, he was asking a question since he was not sure what you were referring to. Better yet, you could have said it was on PC in the first place. Why do we have to Google it?
    >
    > Google it before you comment is common sense! It's not my job to spoon feed you the answer.

You couldn't spoon feed me the answer, which, through my own investigation, I was able to find the answer.

Plus... all platforms have the Auto attack option as far as I'm aware.

Please correct me if I am wrong!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    https://trekmovie.com/2016/09/15/review-star-trek-online-debuts-on-console/

Controls
    Naturally, it is a challenge for any developer to take a PC game and make it just as satisfying to play on a console. Taking a game that is played with a keyboard and mouse and scaling the controls down to a 16 (XB1) or 17 (PS4) button controller is a monumental task. I am happy to report that Cryptic absolutely nailed their design of a new control scheme for consoles. The control layout feels intuitive and simple, with additional functions such as selecting missions or accessing your inventory relegated to the options/start button.

Space and ground combat has been made easier to control with the introduction of an auto-fire mode. Simply select the target you would like your ship or character to attack, and the game will do so for you when your weapons are recharged. This allows you to focus on maneuvering and activating your personal and bridge officer abilities, as well as healing yourself or repairing your ship.

As PC players are aware, your subordinate officers come with a plethora of abilities that can turn the tide of a battle. These were previously loaded into a bar in the HUD and activated with the click of the mouse. For consoles, Cryptic has followed a number of popular games and folded this feature into a control wheel. There is a default ability that can be changed for tactical, engineering, and science, which can be activated with a single button push. To activate additional abilities in the heat of battle, holding down those buttons will display a wheel of abilities that you can activate by simply selecting the one you want.

• americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    their is a option for auto fire of weapons in space on consoles if you bother to look in options>Controls(at bottom says Auto Attack) you will see it under their but it is just auto fire for cannons/beams/turrets but for Torpedos that is a different story as you have to manually hit the button to fire them each and every time