test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A feature exclusive to the alien race.

This feature would add new combat moves, quite a few character creation settings, and a new form for the alien race. My explanation will consist of three parts, 1. Character creation, 2. Combat, and 3. New non-combat abilitys.

1. While in character creator/tailor you could turn on/off "changeling powers". If active(the default state is off), you can acess all of the features but if inactive" you only have acess to 1 feature, the uniform. The uniform is a non-costomizable reskin of the string bikini/wetsuit that looks like it's made of changeling biomater. Note this IS a uniform nit beachwear.

2. If the aforementioned setting is on, here's what'll happen, you'll only be able to have one weapon at a time, your armour slot has an armour called "changeling form"(more on this later) that levels up as you do, your other weapon slot has "changeling tentacles" these attacks(on Ps4 controls) are right trigger= strike(this counts as a ranged atack) right bumper= envelope(this won't work on changelings in there second form) and the "O" button= lash(the attack that knocks yoy back). Also you'll have immunity to melee damage changeling pool and choking mist.

3. The ability as noted at above called "changeling form" functions similar to an EV suit(i.e. being able to survive harsh environments but not allowing you to roket aroung space), activated by the kit select menu, while active this ability will no longer alow you to jump, have a 10% slower movement speed, and you take increased ranged damage.

NOTE, this is all just an idea that I would like to see implemented and it is only usable by the alien race.

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    It sounds like a backhanded way to implement a Changeling race. If that was to be done, it would probably be as its own, new race, not as simply an "ability".
    Yeah the whole point of the alien race is that it has only generic abilities so it can be anything.

Something like suggested would create a "default" build for the alien gen since these exclusive traits would be better then generic traits (generic traits you get at creation at least). At which point you could just make a changeling race and not have to worry with pissed of players who now think they "have" to pick up those traits to be viable.

EDIT:There's a reason why no "alien gen" exclusive traits exist. Well technically the exclusive trait is an additional trait slot. It allows you to be anything within reason, sure you don't get access to more powerful species exclusive traits, but that's the trade off for flexibility of an additional trait slot.

What OP suggests would turn that additional slot into "changeling powers" slot, possibly also loosing another slot for the "changeling form" power since you'd be a fool to not take those as they're much more powerful then any generic power you got access to at creation. I would argue they're more powerful then any of the built in racial traits.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    I would just make it a mission reward trait like the ones you get from surface tension.
  • Options
    bobthewise16#3839 bobthewise16 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    And this is why I put this idea out, to receive constructive criticism for my idea. Personally, I think that westmetals had the best change to the idea. And I'll make another post with hiss changes.