test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet special projects

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I'm slogging my way through the fleet upgrade projects, and I see that the research and development projects automatically reset when an upgrade is completed (it takes about 18 hours of cooldown, and then I can start spending more dilithium etc. to complete the next step). However, how do I start the special projects? I can't seem to launch them. TIA to all relevant answers.

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    This has been bugged for a long time. The last available Special Project always appears but isn't slottable. They can/could only be slotted when they are/were available. It has been quite a long time since PWE had done an event to offer up missed projects from the past. With so many grinds going on back to back. Perhaps bringing this back to give people some more Dilithium sinks for a few weeks would be a good idea.
  • jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you mean the special projects that add cosmetic touches, etc to your bases? And have costs in dilithium only? They must go in the last slot. And I think there is a time factor (where they are not always available).
    I don't know if they have costs in dilithium only. All I know is that I need to do them in order to unlock a new starship trait slot.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    If you mean the special projects that add cosmetic touches, etc to your bases? And have costs in dilithium only? They must go in the last slot. And I think there is a time factor (where they are not always available).
    I don't know if they have costs in dilithium only. All I know is that I need to do them in order to unlock a new starship trait slot.

You need Fleet Research Lab Tier 3 in Research to unlock the dilithium purchase of an extra starship trait slot.The cosmetic special projects, if that's what you're referring to, aren't related to progressing the holding.

Edit: ah the special projects slot just below the upgrade slot? That's where those cosmetic featured projects went.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    lol instead of another edit, will add that in-game the description for the extra ship trait slot is labelled as Research Lab Tier 3 overall for the required level. It's the sub-tiers that give the other extra slots.
  • jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    In order to unlock the vendor to buy the starship trait slot, you need to do the Lab Tier III...

But that's just it! I can't do Lab Tier III. It won't let me select the mission.