test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: House Divided

2»

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    My STO-senses tell me that it's going a different direction
    , that J'Ula's going to ultimately replace J'mpok as Chancellor. They are going for making J'Ula more sympathetic, with both J'Ula and J'mpok having been manipulated by Aakar
    Or it'll end with a mutual-kill (J'mpok & J'Ula, while Aakar escapes and maybe later forms an alliance with Killy) and Martok will be back at his rightful place, with Adet'pa as the last remaining Mo' Kai and his advisor to quell the Civil War as peacefully as possible.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    One thing, Adet'pa 's a looker, and love her voice.

Klingon wifu? ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Klingon wifu? ;)
    Well, she's probably based on Rekha Sharma... Landy on Discovery or Tory Foster on Battlestar Galactica.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Yeah, I went with both KDF and Fed (and I guess their allies get the same) and it depends on your allegiance (even whoever unofficially tells you J'Ula may be on the surface changes depending on your allegiance and perhaps even your faction (even though I dread to hear more from "smug emo Vorta boy")). Also, obviously, Aakar recognizes you if you're from the DSC era and some of his dialogues are different.

And even if you're KDF,
    Shon doesn't go full "TRAITOR!!" mode like Koren, but more "we're gonna keep you under protective custody until we can clear this up". ZERO excuse for Kagran, especially after his experience with the past Iconians.

Also, I find J'Ula's "change of heart" if you can even call that to be really forced since it suddenly went from "pure smug evil warmongering b*tch with no redeeming qualities" to "still evil but she does have some standards that contradict her previous actions", especially since she was trigger-happy about killing people with her mycelial weapon a few episodes ago, but now she rescues her arch-nemesis from being killed by it because "it's not a way to die".

I'm gonna take a wild guess they realized J'Ula was so one-dimensional, uninteresting and unlikable as a villain that nobody cared about her and when they go the opportunity to bring back
    J'mpok
    to relevance, along with adding fan-favorite Robert O'Reilly as a new character, they decided to try to somewhat salvage her to give her a reason to exist other than "WAR, WAR, KILL'EM ALL, MKGA!!".

Also, have you all noticed who is part of Kagran's crew with VanZyl? Yup, they found something to do with Tovan's sister.

My STO-senses tell me that it's going a different direction
    , that J'Ula's going to ultimately replace J'mpok as Chancellor. They are going for making J'Ula more sympathetic, with both J'Ula and J'mpok having been manipulated by Aakar

I doubt it, that sounds as likely as the idea that the Iconian story arc would end with us murdering all Iconians. Which undoubtedly lot of people believed to happen at some point.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Ok, officially (in my opinion of course) anything Cryptic writes for Star Trek outshines any drivel Kurtzman is involved with ("Star Trek" Discovery and Picard). Without going hopefully too far into spoiler territory, you sort of see the twist coming but it is still a sort of "wait, what?" moment. I do agree that the final end of the second mission is a bit jarring. Others have outlined the spoilers so I will not here.
    edited July 2020
    Also, one thing to note is The Khitomer Discord has a higher death toll of recurring characters than usual:
    Ja'rod who was previously one of the main antagonists in the older Fed arc, as well as part of the two Cure TFO, helping the ROM captain in Turning Point and a very important character regarding the discovery of the Undine threat in the lore: killed by Martok and the PC.
    Rugan Skyl, the previously smug main Cardassian ambassador (poorly) replaced in most of his appearances by Garak: killed off-screen and then consumed by the mycelial wave.
    Ambassador Surah: Appears motionless during the slaughter, but his body disappears before the Mycelial wave phase, though, so he may have just been badly injured and evacuated.
    Jiro Sugihara, no further introduction: potentially consumed by the mycelial wave.
    Potentially, the fat Caitian diplomat seen in Quark's Lucky Seven.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Those recurring Characters were killed off because the weren't members of SAG. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2020
    Also, one thing to note is The Khitomer Discord has a higher death toll of recurring characters than usual:
    Ja'rod who was previously one of the main antagonists in the older Fed arc, as well as part of the two Cure TFO, helping the ROM captain in Turning Point and a very important character regarding the discovery of the Undine threat in the lore: killed by Martok and the PC.
    Rugan Skyl, the previously smug main Cardassian ambassador (poorly) replaced in most of his appearances by Garak: killed off-screen and then consumed by the mycelial wave.
    Ambassador Surah: Appears motionless during the slaughter, but his body disappears before the Mycelial wave phase, though, so he may have just been badly injured and evacuated.
    Jiro Sugihara, no further introduction: potentially consumed by the mycelial wave.
    Potentially, the fat Caitian diplomat seen in Quark's Lucky Seven.
    That's completely inaccurate:
    • Ja'rod is defeated but his death is neither confirmed nor infirmed, there are plenty Klingon wounded and survivors after the blast, many retreat on their own, so his fate his unknown though he probably died;
    • Ambassador Surah's fate is unknown, and we don't even see him get wounded in any way;
    • Jiro Sugihara can be saved and beamed to sickbay for further treatment, he even counts as one of the 15 NPC's that can be saved.
    The only ones we know for a fact that were killed are some "red shirted" minor NPC's part of Ksenata's staff and the aforementioned Cardassian.
    So it's by definition not completely inaccurate and in fact mostly accurate.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
  • kirwinhanselkirwinhansel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Sorry, but not buying more T6 ships. You made a mistake when you made each faction specific ship a purchase in the zen store when you should have made the type of ship a purchase in case people wanted to switch between factions.
    Fleet Admiral Kirwin Hansel
    12Th Fleet Section 31 Fleet Captain
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Sorry, but not buying more T6 ships. You made a mistake when you made each faction specific ship a purchase in the zen store when you should have made the type of ship a purchase in case people wanted to switch between factions.

Ships have always been sold this way since the beginning of hte game, almost 11 years ago.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    YEAR OF THE KLINGON, SLI'VAKS!

#SelfiesWithWorf

LhRip6A.jpg
    1xe027q.png
  • masterrpggamermasterrpggamer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    But when is this coming to consoles I don't really want to wait to get new missions I haven't done 35+ times now
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    But when is this coming to consoles I don't really want to wait to get new missions I haven't done 35+ times now

Just like its making me do a tutorial now when my characters existed before there was ever a tutorial for them to play lol.
  • kirwinhanselkirwinhansel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Ships have always been sold this way since the beginning of hte game, almost 11 years ago.

Nope. You have to buy each factions ships seperately. For instance, if you buy the ship with a specific trait on the fed side, you have to buy the other faction's ship seperately. There should be individual purchases for the trait and each ship should be available per faction if you decide to create a romulan / federation / or klingon character. You shouldn't have to purchase 3 seperate ships. Now they're just getting greedy. No wonder this game is dying.
    Fleet Admiral Kirwin Hansel
    12Th Fleet Section 31 Fleet Captain
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Nope. You have to buy each factions ships seperately. For instance, if you buy the ship with a specific trait on the fed side, you have to buy the other faction's ship seperately. There should be individual purchases for the trait and each ship should be available per faction if you decide to create a romulan / federation / or klingon character. You shouldn't have to purchase 3 seperate ships. Now they're just getting greedy. No wonder this game is dying.

So this went to the game is doomed. Really! This game is not dying if it was it would not be getting updates and even Year of the Klingon.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    i'm so screwed...
    the other night, my new-ish HP died. my old HP can do web browsing, but not MMOs, or zoom chat, things i was dependent on with social distancing enforced. i am very stressed out, not being able to do those, and barely able to work on the things that i need.
    I don't know about you guys, but regarding the associated giveaway the blog said:
    Star Trek Online

The following items will be available to claim in Mudd’s Market section of the Zen Store, under the Bundles tab until July 16th:
    • New Title: Cryptonian
    • Platinum Discovery Era Sniper Rifle
      Once per account
    • Platinum Vanity Shield
    • Platinum Tardigrade Non-Combat Pet
    • Featured TFO Reward (3x)
      Once per account

However, we can't claim the account wide freebies.
    i am going to miss out on all of these now, and i was looking forward to getting them...
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

#SelfiesWithWorf

LhRip6A.jpg

An ancient Klingon tradition!
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Having ran these two episodes nearly 50 times, I want to do a techicolour yawn every time J'Ula's has the interaction with Adet'pa. Plus we only have her word about went down in episode one.
    Frankly I have never liked J'mpok from day one. I personally loath the 'Klingons' actions in Discovery,

But I am curious to see where they go with this
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited September 2020

Klingon wifu? ;)
    Well, she's probably based on Rekha Sharma... Landy on Discovery or Tory Foster on Battlestar Galactica.

Not based on Rekha Sharma. Rekha Sharma is doing the VO

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Adet'pa
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User

#SelfiesWithWorf

LhRip6A.jpg
    An ancient Klingon tradition!
    What? Jazz hands?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/