test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are the Preservers?

baloqbaloq Member Posts: 49 Arc User
All of my toons are old, but I have a relatively newer one and I was kinda surprised by something...

Has the entire Preserver storyline been removed?
The reputation system got nerfed to prevent "power creep"; it's called an investment in time and money, and I think I should get a little something for my time and money like being able to stomp the TRIBBLE out of a new guy since I've been playing for three years now! :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think the storyline was declared non-essential, and thus can only be found in your mission logs under the side missions tab. And it may be locked until you hit level 65, but I'm not 100% certain.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    The devs decided to revamp the mission journal and like a lot of the revamps they made a revamp that is worse then what we had before :( Entire Arcs no longer show in it.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    They're Dead, Jim.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • weightlimit#4436 weightlimit Member Posts: 5 New User
    I was disappointed by their hack and slash of the storylines, removal of the foundry, removal or at least not doing those special series of episodes and now the rewards cost a fortune over in mudd's market. The loss of several other missions as well. I look at the federation-klingon war story and think, what a skeleton of its former self. I think they killed a great deal of possible side quest and missions and of course the newer missions now dribble out and a story line is finished in 4-5 episodes or just a few weeks. It is sad. If they had actually asked for no royalty or reward missions, they had some really great people who did those foundry missions.

You can finish most of the story line so fast now as everything from the Klingon War to Star Trek Discovery could be easily done in about 1-2 weeks. I still fear this is the canary in the mine shaft, especially since you see more sales, more lifetime sub sales, the opening up of so many things account wide, the lack of anything interesting that you don't have to do 10-21 times to get a reward (I think of them as fillers to keep us from looking down the hall to that light that I think is showing us we are coming to and end.

I don't see CBS supporting a Star Trek Online 2.0 as they will see the numbers and see no real profit in it and of course game developers as well. So we live on a low mission diet as the money is possibly running out.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I was disappointed by their hack and slash of the storylines, removal of the foundry, removal or at least not doing those special series of episodes and now the rewards cost a fortune over in mudd's market. The loss of several other missions as well. I look at the federation-klingon war story and think, what a skeleton of its former self. I think they killed a great deal of possible side quest and missions and of course the newer missions now dribble out and a story line is finished in 4-5 episodes or just a few weeks. It is sad. If they had actually asked for no royalty or reward missions, they had some really great people who did those foundry missions.

You can finish most of the story line so fast now as everything from the Klingon War to Star Trek Discovery could be easily done in about 1-2 weeks. I still fear this is the canary in the mine shaft, especially since you see more sales, more lifetime sub sales, the opening up of so many things account wide, the lack of anything interesting that you don't have to do 10-21 times to get a reward (I think of them as fillers to keep us from looking down the hall to that light that I think is showing us we are coming to and end.

I don't see CBS supporting a Star Trek Online 2.0 as they will see the numbers and see no real profit in it and of course game developers as well. So we live on a low mission diet as the money is possibly running out.

DOOM I tell you, DOOM.

I will say of all the optional arcs in the game this one is probably the one they need to update to modern standards first, simply because the Iconian War Arc returns us to Laenas.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They're in Formaldehyde? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User

First, doom! Second, STO 2.0 is a F.C.T. (Frequently Created Thread)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.